"What Time Is It" Problem = Bing Issue

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a few posts recently about Cortana giving the wrong time when asked "What time is it".
Cortana for events/reminders uses the phone's time, however if you ask the question "What time is it", it actually fires off a query to Bing which gives back the response, either Beed, India or Iceland in most cases.

I've tried this same query in Bing on the desktop IE and get exactly the same time that Cortana gives, even when I'm logged in to Bing using my MS account which has the correct timezone information.

So, this error is a BING error not Cortana, think someone needs to poke MS to update their search queries!

Hope this helps people confused.

G.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
It was probably never the intent for Cortana to speak the time when it is on the screen in front of you.

Don't try to defend the issues.that is the biggest problem with fans.

And this issue not only applied to your own country time but to other countries time too. If you want to know what time it is in Japan it still show the same result.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Don't try to defend the issues.that is the biggest problem with fans.

And this issue not only applied to your own country time but to other countries time too. If you want to know what time it is in Japan it still show the same result.

I think or hope that he meaned that this happens because people change there region to get Cortana. And of cource Ms should fix it because we can not wait till Cortana is released to all countries.

Something similar happens with the temperature. If you use the US Cortana you get the temp standard in Fahrenheit. Only if you specific ask to give the temp in Celsius you get it in Celsius.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker