Where will you be watching Windows 10 event today?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Since we all know that about 85% of us are expecting a lot from today's event especially for Windows Phone, it is safe to assume, we are all going to try and glue ourselves either the live blog here or live feed straight from Microsoft. I'm going to work "overtime" at work and enjoy the stream at 80kbps broadband speed.. what about you guys? ;)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's happening at 5pm UK time and I'll be on my commute home. I'll have to catch up afterwards.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the live stream, since I'm going to be on a business dinner at that time. So my hope is that someone will upload the entire event to YouTube, so I can sit on my couch and watch it on YouTube through my Xbox One when I get back home.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Headed in early today to fix someone's system and just hoping no one calls during the time frame. Will be split between watching the live show and the addendums on the twit.tv network.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
According to the Microsoft press release the event will be available to stream afterwards so you shouldn't have too much of an issue. Should be posted at the same location as the live view.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the live stream, since I'm going to be on a business dinner at that time. So my hope is that someone will upload the entire event to YouTube, so I can sit on my couch and watch it on YouTube through my Xbox One when I get back home.
It will be hosted for offline viewing on the same page.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
According to the Microsoft press release the event will be available to stream afterwards so you shouldn't have too much of an issue. Should be posted at the same location as the live view.

In this case I just hope they're going to provide an HTML5 video this time. IE on the Xbox doesn't support Flash nor Silverlight. :) But I could just share it from my Surface Pro 3 to my Xbox in this case I guess.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In this case I just hope they're going to provide an HTML5 video this time. IE on the Xbox doesn't support Flash nor Silverlight. :) But I could just share it from my Surface Pro 3 to my Xbox in this case I guess.
I'm assuming the only reason you want it on Xbox is because its connected to a giant 60 inches TV and you like Satya's hairstyle on huge screen?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming the only reason you want it on Xbox is because its connected to a giant 60 inches TV and you like Satya's hairstyle on huge screen?

It's only a 46" screen and only HD ready. But it's more comfortable to look at than a 12" tablet. ;) At least for a longer time.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Going from last year's experience - no. But you never know. It will most likely be HTML5 stream so may be Lumia can. But if it is Flash - you are out of luck.

MS is usually streaming using Silverlight. I don't remember any Flash based stream by MS. :) But I hope for HTML5 as well.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
MS is usually streaming using Silverlight. I don't remember any Flash based stream by MS. :) But I hope for HTML5 as well.

I am sure someone in the team has to realise that people with Lumias can't watch their stream and it is better to reach as many peeps are possible esp to have their #WINDOWS10 hashtag trending!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss