So Windows 10 cost??

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Promotional offer for Windows 10" is one year; after that, people can buy a new machine. No locked in forced pay
(What does this MEAN lol ^^^^)

by Daniel Rubino 2:25 PM

Myerson OEM still buys license, covers the customer

by Daniel Rubino 2:24 PM

Nadella: no fundamental shift to our business model

by Daniel Rubino 2:24 PM

Q: annual fee for Windows as a service

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Free to 7, 8.x for a year.

There is no Windows subscription as of now.
OEMs can still buy licenses.

I think it goes to a normal price after a year, and people who already got 10 wont pay.

don't know about that new machine thing

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It's just so they'll get more people to download it. If they said free forever or something, people might think"oh, I've got plenty of time to download it. Maybe tomorrow", but if they say "only for a year", you'll have people going "oh man I've got to do this ASAP! I only have a year".

Last edited:

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Free Upgrade Offer
Per Laura's Link...

Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year!* And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's not like it's hard to upgrade to 8.1. Frankly, anyone who hasn't upgraded to 8.1 from 8, probably wouldn't upgrade to 10 anyway, and probably hasn't upgraded anything else either.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Renting software ? Yearly fee ? NFW. If OEMS are the only ones that can have "life time" updates for free. I guess I don't buy boxed copies, OEM versions are always for sale via Newegg and other IT shops...

On the free upgrade I wonder if the upgrade will disable the Windows 7 version... Like for Example, I use a Home theater PC, and it's based of Windows Media center on Windows 7 (No change on Windows 8), I would get a upgrade with that key used for that machine, then keep 7 till they officially support/update WMC for it.. Just so I have it available to use later...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss