Sandwich menu everywhere! What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(8829200)

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Joe showed us some Windows 10 (for phones) apps and there were a lot of sandwich menus buttons which I don't like at all. I have also noticed that some of the control buttons have been moved to the top and I do not like this as well. I'm interested in yours opinion, because these to things are anti-windows (P,8) in my eyes.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it would be nice if microsoft could recommend and developers could keep true to the modern UI theme. I don't want it to impair creativity, so that it doesnt bog down the windows phone experience. But for a windows phone app I would like to see a more consistent UI experience. The most improtant thing is that menu items are integrated as much as possible in the app bar. I do notice in that regard that apps like facebook and whatsapp are somewhat overkill in design and thought put into a user friendly design. I do aspire to the more richer eperience of both apps, but it is indeed confusing that there are literally two menu bars on both apps. A hamburger menu and a classic dot-dot-dot menu. More thought can be put into making a single menu experience. I prefer a dot-dot-dot, not for ergonomic reasons per se, but because it's so iconic for the modern UI. I wouldn't mind a hambruger button, but if a developer chooses this icon design, they should put thought into where it goes. On that note putting it up on top might be a familiar mirroring to the website layout, but for windows phone, I notice it's intuitve to want to use these apps with one hand. I would encourage developers to design the menu buttons to the bottom part of the app, preferably in the lower right corner for right handed use, and lower left, for left handed use........ After all the windows start menu button is also at the bottom of the screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)