So, tablets less than 8" are getting the update. Why not put that update on Microsofts own tablet 💻
    01-23-2015 02:43 AM
    Tablets less than 8" are running Windows 10 optimized for phones/phablets, where's the Surface 2, much like the Surface RT, are tablets. Windows RT won't receive an update.
    01-23-2015 02:45 AM
    Have MS confirmed there is no update? I read yesterday they confirmed there WAS an update to Surface 2. ???
    01-23-2015 12:33 PM
    There will be an update, but for 8.1 and this won't be Windows 10... sadly. But time will tell.
    01-23-2015 01:10 PM
    I read somehwhere that the features that come to the RT devices willl be comparable to what microsoft did for devices with windows phone 7.8. The argument would be the less compatbility of the RT hardware and kernel with windows 10.
    01-23-2015 01:32 PM
    Well you can read here that the hardware compatibility is not an issue. W10 interface can scale so the screen diagonal is not relevant, and the processor is not relevant either, it's powerfull enough and way more powerfull than dualcore snapdragons. The processor type should be irrelevant since windows should be able to run on anything because other manufacturers will use any type of hardware in the future, samsung could use exynos for example.
    And windows is already running on Tegra processors, thus it is compatible.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    01-23-2015 01:51 PM
    No one knows exactly what will happen with Surface & Surface 2. It'd be pretty cool if people would stop giving answers pretending to have a definite answer to this question. Until MSFT tells us further, the only officail statement we have is:

We are working on an update for Surface, which will have some of the functionality of Windows 10. More information to come.”
    ....whatever else you hear is pure speculation.
    Last edited by TheCudder; 01-23-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    01-23-2015 02:19 PM
    In an article on Windows Central, posted like yesterday, I read that there will be a Windows 10 for RT but with less features. Still many questions remain
    01-23-2015 07:33 PM
    There won't be W10 for RT. The people who believed in MS and bought RT despite the lack of apps and despite the whole world looking down on RT and despite the relative high price are getting screwed for their bold choice.
    01-24-2015 02:37 AM
    There won't be W10 for RT. The people who believed in MS and bought RT despite the lack of apps and despite the whole world looking down on RT and despite the relative high price are getting screwed for their bold choice.
    You should always buy a device for what it does today and not what it might do tomorrow.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    01-24-2015 03:58 AM
    You should always buy a device for what it does today and not what it might do tomorrow.
    If that were so, then nobody would install any update. Most people wanna use their device for more then 1 day, to stay modern thus updates are needed and expected especially if EVEN W7 devices get free update to W10.
    01-24-2015 04:14 AM
    If that were so, then nobody would install any update. Most people wanna use their device for more then 1 day, to stay modern thus updates are needed and expected especially if EVEN W7 devices get free update to W10.
    That is not what he said.
    But are you telling me that all the time you have your device you could not use it at all? And only if you can get a full windows 10 update you can use it.
    01-24-2015 04:24 AM
    That's not what i'm telling you, that's your interpretation just as i gave mine in the previous comment.
    01-24-2015 09:21 AM
    That's not what i'm telling you, that's your interpretation just as i gave mine in the previous comment.
    Indeed because you act as if the world collapses because you do not get a full windows 10 experience on your RT.
    Ignoring all arguments and fact as far as we now know them.
    01-24-2015 09:46 AM

​That doesn't even make any sense. Just because you buy a device for what it can do at the time you get it doesn't mean you don't want to use it for more than one day or that you never get any updates. What it means is that you buy the device for the features that it has upon purchase and not some hypothetical update in the future.
    01-24-2015 08:36 PM
    So let me get this straight. Your position is that anyone who bought a Surface 2 despite all the dire warnings from all the "experts" who know what we want, are getting bent over because we ignored the sage advice from others. Well you got me all figured out. A little humble pie never hurt anyone.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-24-2015 09:14 PM