Surface 2 Update

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Tablets less than 8" are running Windows 10 optimized for phones/phablets, where's the Surface 2, much like the Surface RT, are tablets. Windows RT won't receive an update.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I read somehwhere that the features that come to the RT devices willl be comparable to what microsoft did for devices with windows phone 7.8. The argument would be the less compatbility of the RT hardware and kernel with windows 10.

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well you can read here that the hardware compatibility is not an issue. W10 interface can scale so the screen diagonal is not relevant, and the processor is not relevant either, it's powerfull enough and way more powerfull than dualcore snapdragons. The processor type should be irrelevant since windows should be able to run on anything because other manufacturers will use any type of hardware in the future, samsung could use exynos for example.
And windows is already running on Tegra processors, thus it is compatible.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
No one knows exactly what will happen with Surface & Surface 2. It'd be pretty cool if people would stop giving answers pretending to have a definite answer to this question. Until MSFT tells us further, the only officail statement we have is:

We are working on an update for Surface, which will have some of the functionality of Windows 10. More information to come.”

....whatever else you hear is pure speculation.

Last edited:

MatchAttax08

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
In an article on Windows Central, posted like yesterday, I read that there will be a Windows 10 for RT but with less features. Still many questions remain

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There won't be W10 for RT. The people who believed in MS and bought RT despite the lack of apps and despite the whole world looking down on RT and despite the relative high price are getting screwed for their bold choice.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
There won't be W10 for RT. The people who believed in MS and bought RT despite the lack of apps and despite the whole world looking down on RT and despite the relative high price are getting screwed for their bold choice.

You should always buy a device for what it does today and not what it might do tomorrow.

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You should always buy a device for what it does today and not what it might do tomorrow.

If that were so, then nobody would install any update. Most people wanna use their device for more then 1 day, to stay modern thus updates are needed and expected especially if EVEN W7 devices get free update to W10.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If that were so, then nobody would install any update. Most people wanna use their device for more then 1 day, to stay modern thus updates are needed and expected especially if EVEN W7 devices get free update to W10.

That is not what he said.
But are you telling me that all the time you have your device you could not use it at all? And only if you can get a full windows 10 update you can use it.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That's not what i'm telling you, that's your interpretation just as i gave mine in the previous comment.

Indeed because you act as if the world collapses because you do not get a full windows 10 experience on your RT.
Ignoring all arguments and fact as far as we now know them.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

​That doesn't even make any sense. Just because you buy a device for what it can do at the time you get it doesn't mean you don't want to use it for more than one day or that you never get any updates. What it means is that you buy the device for the features that it has upon purchase and not some hypothetical update in the future.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So let me get this straight. Your position is that anyone who bought a Surface 2 despite all the dire warnings from all the "experts" who know what we want, are getting bent over because we ignored the sage advice from others. Well you got me all figured out. A little humble pie never hurt anyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos