New icon design

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
So, since build 9926 went live, I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the new design of the icons in File Explorer. Maybe not so much here, but on other tech sites and on youtube. Mostly, they're saying that the new icons are too cartoonish. I didn't have anything to do today (I don't have my USB drive to create recovery media before installing W10 yet), so I went over to Redmond to check out the campus since I now live nearby and had never been there. One thing that I noticed about the campus was that there were these banners everywhere. Everywhere.
WP_20150125_16_26_33_Pro.jpg

If you ask me, that looks an awful lot like the image on the Pictures folder icon. I bet we'll be seeing a whole lot more of this design around, especially since right now it's a horrible mix of this new stuff, W8, and even some Aero and Vista era design cues. Microsoft is definitely going to evolve the design of their UI over time, and I think this is the design that's gona be here to stay for a little while, much to the dismay of a few youtubers. (To be fair to MSFT, y'all did ask for a flatter design. Just sayin.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos