When will Cortana come to Germany?

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
When will Cortana come to Germany? My phone is set to English but Cartana claims she doesn't speak my language. I assume because my location is Germany.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your speech language is probably what needs to be changed.
Make sure Region is set right too. (US originally, but now Cortana is available in a few more regions)

But as for when it comes to specific regions, we can't say as we don't know their internal plans for sure.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys still waiting for Cortana on a English English phone in Germany.
Apparently she still does not speak my language. Will she be available for the rest of us when win 10 launches?
I am getting sick of waiting!!

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
You have to change both country and language to USA/English OR Germany/German. Don't mix them if you want Cortana to work.

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys still waiting for Cortana on a English English phone in Germany.
Apparently she still does not speak my language. Will she be available for the rest of us when win 10 launches?
I am getting sick of waiting!!

Vielleicht verstehen Sie es besser, wenn ich es Ihnen auf Deutsch erkl?re: Sie m?ssen Ihr Lumia komplett auf Deutsch stellen, damit Sie mit Cortana auf Deutch sprechen k?nnen. Wollen Sie mit Ihr Chinesisch sprechen, m?ssen Sie es komplett auf Chinesisch stellen usw.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Vielleicht verstehen Sie es besser, wenn ich es Ihnen auf Deutsch erkl?re: Sie m?ssen Ihr Lumia komplett auf Deutsch stellen, damit Sie mit Cortana auf Deutch sprechen k?nnen. Wollen Sie mit Ihr Chinesisch sprechen, m?ssen Sie es komplett auf Chinesisch stellen usw.

my wife's Lumia 630 is completely in German and she does not yet have Cortana either.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So Cortana is now going to IOS and Android and I still don?t have it why should I stay with windows phone?

As already explained before you can get Cortana in Germany if you use the proper settings.
But getting Cortana on IPhone or Android does not mean that it will work in all languages on these devices.

Anyhow I am from the Netherlands and really can not get Cortana in Dutch. That, however, does not mean that I therefore think Cortana should not go to android and iphone, untill I can get it in Dutch.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My wifes 630 is in German and and she does not get Cortana. My phone is set to English USA. While Cortana is on both of our phones she says
"I'm sorry,but I can`t speak you language yet."

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That is indeed not as it should be.

We had some posts were Cortana also did not pop up with the correct settings and only after a hard reset she came. (Not sure if you willing to try a hard reset)

PS
I found below post but do not think it should matter and I found no conformation about it but just have a look. Cortana disabled by company policy Lumia 930

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Mate, do the following :

a) set your region and language to Germany and German
b) go to settings, voice, and check that German is downloaded. Beware, it could show "German", but click on it and make sure it's downloaded (if not, it will be mentioned)
c) enable location and cortana

I'm not sure you want Cortana to speak English or German, but I think that if you region is set to Germany, Cortana can only speak German.

My father had not the French voice downloaded on his (FR) 630, which prevented Cortana from working.

If this doesn't work, yes, hard reset may be the solution. It won't erase your SD card, but you won't able to recover your apps: you'll have to reinstall them. But music/photos/etc will be preserved.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
For now I have reluctantly set my phone to English U.S. and will wait till windows 10 to see if I can get English while living in Germany. It seems I can?t have English in Germany only German.

Wolfseye

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Cortana in Germany sounds like 10 years ago when there were still early computer voices that sound terribly artificial. When I listen to videos with Siri, she sounds so nice. But Cortana sounds like a damn machine, not a female voice (if one chooses that). Is that going to stay that way ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos