Feature concern/question for us looking forward to Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
dude I know what it is, I wasn't going to get into the details of what a sub routine voice activated command is or isn't... and trying to be mr smart you missed the WHOLE point of my post :wink:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
dude I know what it is, I wasn't going to get into the details of what a sub routine voice activated command is or isn't... and trying to be mr smart you missed the WHOLE point of my post :wink:
If you wouldn't have taken offense, you would have seen that I didn't miss your point, but was just trying to emphasize it even further. It's not even a small app... :wink:

blackdaemon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
In layman terms, simple answer would be "no, you should not be worried about privacy when using Hey Cortana feature". I believe you are not ready to accept more technical explanation (which previous commenters had already provided and you dismissed it). If you are so worried about privacy, you should NOT be using a smartphone. Companies like Google, Apple and Microsoft already know too much about you anyway. As said, any application running under lock screen can listen to you and send data anywhere without your knowledge. And you asked about terms & conditions, AFAIK, MS is stating that they are not sending any data nor voice sample to any servers, it stays on your device (and there is really no technical reason to do it otherwise). If I would be Microsoft and I would want to spy on you, I wouldn't really need Hey Cortana to do that and I would be already doing it for years.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Help me out here. What is the danger?

You have "Hey Cortana" active on your phone... Then, as an example, you mention to a friend how you stole a candy bar at the store... Who do you suppose is monitoring a billion human beings to sort out your one faux pas among the billions of sets of data "being captured?" Who is doing this and how will they treat the info?

Please outline a scenario so we can all understand better.

What triggers the active action regarding what is said vs passive monitoring for a specific command phrase? How are our conversations going to be less private and held against us? Please provide specifics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon