02-11-2015 01:44 PM
59 123
tools
    Vimeo is more about artistical stuff.. Not comparable to YouTube unfortunately. And even if Microsoft acquired it, still wouldn't change a thing about content. YouTube is flipping gigantic. It's literally everywhere.
    That's very true. I personally feel it is near pointless to combat YouTube, as it is pretty much a gigantic monopoly at this point (however this can also be its weakness)
    If Microsoft wants to start somewhere, they can buyout Zippcast, which could court alot of Youtube users who are fed up with Google's strong influence on YouTube in the past years. It could take a while to catch on versus a competitor so big, but look how far Bing has come.
    02-10-2015 07:17 AM
    Win8 has 100's of millions of users and Google is writing nothing for them. They will continue to ignore Win10 for some time.
    Someone already explained this. When MS talks about U-Apps is not the consumer side of the equation, is the developer side. One code aka: Universal apps. As a right now devlps have to write different codes for tablets, PCs and phone.
    02-10-2015 11:07 AM
    I read that page, the part where it said you may have to tweak your code in the areas where C# functionality is different gives me an uneasy feeling. Although I am no ace in the area of porting code automatically from one language to another, I rather not do it. I think my post has valid concerns from a dev standpoint, because there needs to be more documentation and examples no matter what the language.
    02-11-2015 02:01 AM
    Jorge Holguin, do you work for Microsoft?
    02-11-2015 06:23 AM
    Jorge Holguin, do you work for Microsoft?
    That would be an ideal job. I'm just a normal fellow that likes tech and likes MS and want to see it trill. I've used MS, Apple and Google products and BB and when competition is healthy just one group benefit: Us consumers. Btw I always pull for the underdog. Like in the 90s love the bulls but always wanted Detroit or the Jazz to beat them I don't like when a comp becomes to powerful.
    02-11-2015 06:54 AM
    Don't think so.

Google wants to increase Chromebook sales and prevent WP from growing. Releasing Google apps on Windows store is like taking a step backwards.

What I'm hoping for is that MS and Google reach an agreement, MS drops all the lawsuits/patent fees and in return Google builds apps for Windows Store. a.k.a my wishful thinking.
    Jorge Holguin likes this.
    02-11-2015 11:18 AM
    Google today is like the MS of the 90s - predatory, anti-competitive, monopolistic. It will devour smaller companies either to adopt and adapt their technologies or to stop those technologies spreading to other platforms. It will manipulate the market, and do anything necessary to have its services / products - even when clearly inferior to rivals - adopted by as wide an audience as possible.

I left MSFT in the 90s when it behaved like this, and I have left Google behind now (as far as possible; just trying to get rid of gmail accounts...)

Now MSFT is now less evil than Google or Apple, so I will once again support it. And, just as MSFT made office available on the Mac, if Google should begin sharing with MSFT, I will use its services, but I'm not going to kick up a fuss if they never arrive.
    Jorge Holguin likes this.
    02-11-2015 12:40 PM
    What I'm hoping for is that MS and Google reach an agreement, MS drops all the lawsuits/patent fees and in return Google builds apps for Windows Store. a.k.a my wishful thinking.
    And what I'm hoping for is that Google Apps will fade into obscurity with the bankruptcy of Google, and Developers will be writing apps for WP because WP is the #1 selling smartphone in the world. Yeah, that's my wishful thinking. I think I better stick to my wish for free coffee. Wait, that one worked! I just saw an ad that the local Chick-fil-A restaurant is offering free coffee, no purchase required, during the entire month of February! Dude! Free coffee is the only thing better than Win10 for phones! (Yeah, I'm a coffeeholic.)

Google today is like the MS of the 90s - predatory, anti-competitive, monopolistic. It will devour smaller companies either to adopt and adapt their technologies or to stop those technologies spreading to other platforms. It will manipulate the market, and do anything necessary to have its services / products - even when clearly inferior to rivals - adopted by as wide an audience as possible.
    Yes, I remember those days. The reason Microsoft stopped acting that way was because of several things that acted together in concert. Microsoft got sued by the US Federal Government. They were getting sued by smaller companies. They got tired of all the payouts on the few losses they had and the continuing court costs defending themselves. Now the court costs they have is because they are suing others. Also, change in leadership, which means the new guy wanted to change how Microsoft operated. Current leadership wants to take that further, undo the damage of the 90s, and get people to love the company again.

Google and Apple both still act like the Microsoft of the 90s. They get caught, get their wrist slapped, and they just keep at it, trying harder to not get caught the next time.
    a5cent, EBUK and nohra like this.
    02-11-2015 01:30 PM
    I do not believe Google's cash-cow search will keep its dominance 5 yrs from now.
    That is why the are throwing money all over the place to see if something stick, so far nothing have and I believe nothing will. They just going to keep buying their way to stay relevant. Search will change in a way that will force Google to make more 'friends.' Bing is growing so is Yahoo, Ask, AOL, Duck, and so on Top 15 Most Popular Search Engines | February 2015. And if my memory doesn't betrayed me I believe Apple is working on a search engine as well.
    02-11-2015 01:44 PM
59 123