Age limit to use Cortana?

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought my son a 635 for Christmas. In setting it up, it looks like children under the age of 13 are not allowed to use Cortana. Is this correct? He is 12, and will turn 13 in June. Will Cortana just start working on his 13th birthday? Thanks.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
You are correct but I thought the age limit was 14. She should just start working when he is of age since she is just checking his birthday on his live account.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And if you're impatient and don't mind fiddling around, you may be able to change the birthdate in the MS account settings, but you're the parent, your discretion.

But yea, that'll be a nice birthday gift.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was doing the developer preview on my 5 year old and couldn't use cortana. (I just use it as music player for her sleep)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Wondering what that age restriction is actually supposed to be good for. oO

Remember the IKEA name.😊

I think if you ask them they say that they do it to protect the youngsters ( And what they don't tell but currently is also a big factor, to protect themselves against possible lawsuits.)
Not sure if it is true but is there not a label on microwaves in Amerika that you can not use it to dry your pet in it ?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Remember the IKEA name.😊

I think if you ask them they say that they do it to protect the youngsters ( And what they don't tell but currently is also a big factor, to protect themselves against possible lawsuits.)
Not sure if it is true but is there not a label on microwaves in Amerika that you can not use it to dry your pet in it ?

But from what? It's not like they couldn't just use the Bing search and type away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb