Cortana location reminders - do they work?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I set up a 'work' location with Cortana.

I then set a reminder to call a client when I was at work.

The reminder showed up, but I was not at work, I was at home...

Anyone else have any experience with location based reminders?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
So far when i set my location "home" and give her a reminder based on location at home, she remind me correctly. Also when i set location based reminder when travel to somewhere she perform good. Please check back your "work" address. Maybe Cortana wrongly save the address.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I saved a place to check out if I was nearby during the holiday season. Couple weeks ago, I drove by and the reminder popped up! Totally forgot about it and cool that it worked.

xsikal

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have my home and work addresses entered, but location-based reminders don't work for me. In fact, I just arrived at work, and within twenty minutes, got several home-based reminders that were supposed to go off when I got home... two days ago.

Time-based reminders are a little bit better. Very disappointed in the location ones though. (And yes, I've gone through the usual steps of making sure reminders are turned on, my locations are favorited and correct, location services are on, etc.)

Using: HTC One m8.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Locations for our maps are definitely off but mine usually work as some may not be the exact address. There was a discussion about this. Maybe turn Cortana off and then back on.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
They have occasionally worked for me.

Works:
I have "convenience store" saved as a location. I ask her to remind me to pick up milk when I'm nearby, and it has worked.

Does not work:
I was on a train to Scotland and wanted to be notified when I crossed the "border". I marked a spot on the map and saved it as "Scotland". Asked her to remind me when I reached that point.

I got the notification 3 days later....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My location based reminders have never failed me. 1520.3, US, T-Mo and Straight Talk (ATT), always "Official" first Cyan then Denim.

Home, Grocery Store, In-Laws, Doctor's Office, various temp locations stored.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My location based reminders have never failed me. 1520.3, US, T-Mo and Straight Talk (ATT), always "Official" first Cyan then Denim.

Home, Grocery Store, In-Laws, Doctor's Office, various temp locations stored.

Exactly the same for me using both my old Ativ S and current 930. I use location based reminder on a daily basis. Frequently use "hey Cortana" to set these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720