My employer provides phones to all workers. We had BlackBerrys then branched out to iPhones (Android is not allowed per IT). I am the lone wolf among my co-workers. I have a Lumia 928. I am up for renewal and find myself torn between another Windows Phone and the iPhone 6. I really enjoy the Live Tiles/Home Screen vs the static screen/waving left & right that is iOS (my wife has an iPhone). Personally, I think iPhones are for those who grew up on AOL.

The 928 takes great pictures; so much better that I have all but stowed away my Canon point & shoot. I have the Denim update and while everyone raves about the fast start up of Lumia Camera, it is just not happening on my 928. I have switched back to Microsoft Camera. My wife is due for an upgrade, too. While looking to upgrade to the iPhone 6+ she was using the camera. That camera = Amazing! As fast as she could tap the screen, it was taking pictures! And the pictures came out clear and in focus! I was stunned! Also, dont get me started on the comparison between the panorama feature. Windows Phone didnt hear the starters gun.

Apps. I didn't think Apps would be a big deal to me. Im not a gamer. However, I find myself longing for Apps (or in most instances, the features in Apps) that are on the iPhone. Enough said.

What I want in a phone:
    1.) Universal Search feature. Case in point: at work, on our PCs, we use the desktop version of Outlook. I have an Outlook Contact who runs a cleaning business, Winston Wolf. While his name and his business (Winstons Cleaning) show up in the results of a People search on the Windows Phone, the notes I typed in the Outlook Contact card about Winstons side businesses of burning cars and burying bodies fail to show up anywhere during a search on the phone: People Search nor Cortana.
    2.) Plug in a USB memory stick. This article intrigues me:
    Windows 10 to launch with support for USB 3.0 successor | Peripherals News | TechRadar
    With Windows 10, would I be able to plug-in a memory stick, moves files between the phone and memory stick? Would I be able to save files to the memory stick? If I could do this, I would give up the need for an SD memory card slot. It would seem that this would be an eventuality. Question is: which phone is going to develop this feature first?
    3.) When will I be able to save a PDF to my Windows Phone? Or any type of attachment other than a photo for that matter?
    a. In the reverse, when will I be able to start an email, search for an attachment other than just photos and attach the document to the email? Presently, we have to find the attachment, select Share, select Email and start that way. This way is counter-productive to me.
    4.) A few of my co-workers and some friends now have the iPhone 6. That is a really BIG screen! I cant imagine using the iPhone 6+! The 6 might too big for my hands. I like the 928 screen size; it fits in my pants pockets easily enough. However, something a little bigger, between 4.7 and 6 would be perfect for my hand size.
    5.) While I am dreaming, I might as well dream of world peace and hope that Microsoft and Google bury the hatchet in my lifetime.

Windows 10 - I hope it is all that and a bag of chips. I mentioned that we have PCs, use Microsoft productivity software and I have a 928. I hope that instead of a lone wolf that I become the shining example in my office on how to truly be productive.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-06-2015 10:35 AM
    I had a bag of chips with my dinner tonight, so I can make a pretty fair comparison. What Windows 10 for phones promises is way better than a bag of chips, trust me. :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    bijak_riyandi likes this.
    03-06-2015 06:32 PM