Windows 10 windows frame is lame

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there any particular reason why the minimize/maximize/close button in Windows 10 are not vertically centered in the title bar?? That bugs my eyeballs out..

spch

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes they look like crap, but hopefully ms will fix before final release. A lot of UI improvement are needed, including those crapy new icons needs to be removed.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what wrong with those frames???

How should they be looking?

28576d1380686522-internet-explorer-11-pin-website-start-windows-8-1-a-desktop_ie11_pin_site-1.jpg

Here's a screenshot of IE as comparison.
Just seems odd, being centered vertically.

But eh, the point of the Technical Preview is to get the underworkings right, then polish later.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe becuase it is a preview and Microsoft is working on it?? you know, the obvious....
you are taking as an example a release preview that you haven't even used it... it's a leaked image, so you don't even know if that's the UI you will be getting in the next preview. also, it is not like Microsoft is working and showing all their progress in preview builds, they are working on many branches and then they will put everything together when time tells.

it's sad how people don't even judge Windows 10 by a preview version that is relative far from ready, but now people judge Windows 10 by leaked pics that people might not even get to see or use.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft can do much except get developers to make changes. The only thing they can do is pretty much change the appearance

GuilhermeSantos97

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It's the inheritance from previous Win32 Windows versions (started on Vista).
See (remove the spaces, I can't post links yet):

www . i . imgur . com / es9hS3N.png

Last edited:

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I perfectly know the inheritence from prev Win32 versions, yet I am 100% sure this crap will stay in the release. Remember my words..

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you got your OCD knickers in a twist there over 8-10 pixels.... And relax......

You know companies like apple that set design on a pedestal would never allow this crap.. Even on a public alfa/beta.. THIS WILL STAY IN THE RTM! Microsoft will always be mediocre company with mediocre fans (me being a fan tho, but obviously I cannot settle with this crap). I'll go win10 user voice.. |(

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I just cannot understand how Apple can achieve brilliant details on everything they ever made (hardware and software) and a big corporation like Microsoft can never do this in its almost 35 years of existence.. Its absolutely ridiculous

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss