Windows 10 build 10036 leaked

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Windows 10 build 10036 has leaked

FYI: from somebody at MDL (who has this build installed) the release block that prevented 10036 to go online is that Metro apps People, Mail, Maps and one more are not working. (Weather, Sports, News and Solitaire are working). I suggest waiting for a fix or the official release which has these fixed.

edit: wow, >230 views not a single peep....

Last edited:

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
My huge concern is that after 2 months they come up with this build that has no major overhaul, yet they are set to release Consumer Preview in April.
When JoeBelfiore mentioned that there will be no more focus on xbox music because the dev team will work on Windows 10 he really meant it! That team is so frickin slow!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm already having problems with running apps in Windows 10 (Windows based apps, Not 8.1+ apps), if this build has problems with running 8.0+ apps, I would not touch it with a 20 foot pole...

In fact, I gave up on Windows 10 till application compatibility is fixed on it, too many programs wont run at all under Windows 10, that 7 and 8.1 run them fine. And I need these apps for day to day work..

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I found the leak and it sits in my torrent folder. I'm debating where I'm going to install it.

I mean if you can't wait at least two days, then probably not.... Which if you're like me means that you've already got it installed 😏

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm already having problems with running apps in Windows 10 (Windows based apps, Not 8.1+ apps), if this build has problems with running 8.0+ apps, I would not touch it with a 20 foot pole...

In fact, I gave up on Windows 10 till application compatibility is fixed on it, too many programs wont run at all under Windows 10, that 7 and 8.1 run them fine. And I need these apps for day to day work..

Well, the problem is that you're trying to use a beta OS like it's an stable release.. You should consider it using a virtual machine instead..

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I mean if you can't wait at least two days, then probably not.... Which if you're like me means that you've already got it installed 
Two days for what? If it drops official in 2 days, I could wait. But you have it installed. What do you think?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Two days for what? If it drops official in 2 days, I could wait. But you have it installed. What do you think?

Paul Thurrott and Tom Warren have both said that a new build is coming out this week. Gabe Aul said that it won't come on a Monday, so its coming out tomorrow at the earliest and Thursday at the latest.

I think its pretty nice, but not something you would want to use daily. I like the new transparency that comes when you maximize the new start menu.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Gabe said a while ago today that the next build won't be 10036. Release day is usually Thursday, but what week is anyone's guess.

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I really hope they can release something much better than 10036. The touch interface definitely needs overhaul, the Store needs unification (as promised, combine X86, windows phone, windows store, xbox music/movie and xbox), Spartan needs to be there. The new release should at least contain one of those major functions, otherwise, it is not worth 2-month waiting, and I highly doubt they can finish it by June.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, the problem is that you're trying to use a beta OS like it's an stable release.. You should consider it using a virtual machine instead..

Well, I kind of have both. I triple boot my PC, WIndows 7, 8.1 and 10. I also have Windows 10 32bit Installed in a VM for testing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven