IE Crashing on build 10041

kendric84

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Since installing the Technical Preview update yesterday, IE crashes or hangs on about half the websites I visit (including this one), but not 100% of the time.

​Haven't been able to tell if there is specific content within pages that crash that could be causing it, but apparently I will have to use Firefox until the next update that should include Spartan.

Anyone else having this issue?

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Even worst situation, IE constantly crashing during executing, needed to move to Chrome. Informed Microsoft via Feedback App but in mean time you can look below solution.

So, solution via this link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/3ccdf99a-75cb-4ab8-989d-98403d674f6d

Open Internet Option via Control Panel then goes to Tab Advance, below are two option that are not check, check both Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protection Mode and Enable Enhanced Protected Mode. There is remark that computer need to be restarted but in my case no need for that action.
Run IE, you will get info that some add-on are not compatible with current Enhanced Mode but at least IE opening and opening pages.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb