Why windows updates are forced in windows 10 tech preview?

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Like in 8.1, I could select individual updates and I could update only selected ones. Also I would just like to check for updates and not install/download them instantly, I have a capped net connection and knowing it would just keep on downloading the updates.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Please be reminded that windows 10 is a technical preview and not an "official" released OS version like windows 8.1.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I know that sir, but I wonder when this would come or would even be an option in the later builds. At the moment it's inconvenient for me. That's all.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I know that sir, but I wonder when this would come or would even be an option in the later builds. At the moment it's inconvenient for me. That's all.

I totally understand your situation.
But if you could install individual updates then Microsoft has to be sure that this does not case additional problems and also the feedback would be more "contaminated" because if you got a problem is that due to the build (that is what to know) or is it due to the fact that you only installed Y out of the X updates (in combination of your hardware and or software you run)
Now I am not Microsoft but if I was and had to choose between "clean" feedback and "satisfy" your requirement I would know what I would choose. And please be aware that this is not to offend you in any way.
Furthermore I could imagine that if the builds are more near the final version that you for example could choose to install or not to install a "module" like Hello (if this would be a part from Windows 10) or the newest office version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett