App list side

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Very likely that I shouldn't do this, but do you mind voting on the poll on this forum post? http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-general-discussion/346656-app-list-left.html

thanks guys

Interesting idea... may we know what significance would this have? English-speaking cultures (that looks like the BigBen in your avatar) and other derivatives of Latin and Sanskrit are used to turning pages to the right when reading, or looking further into the details of the material beheld. Movement towards the right also has been associated with "moving forward"... with the same effect as looking further into details. Hence, with the "Start Screen" as the starting point upon unlocking the phone, any other moment in the user's experience would be a move forward (which to most of us who can read this would be) to the right.

Other cultures whose linguistic convention is oriented towards the left (Middle Eastern and traditional Chinese texts, ...and the disciples of da Vinci's demonstration of ambidexterity and mirror-image handwriting, for example) could have a variant of the phone that has the app list on the left, but this may either lead to a culture-adapted user experience... or confusion in developing instruction manuals and demos.

We'd like to hear your insights on this. :cool:

joseph3423

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi

So sorry, I did not notice your reply! That is an interesting topic you have brought up, but I just think the Windows 10 desktop builds have the app list on the left hand side, so it would create a sense of unity of UI if they both matched one another.

Very interested in what you have said though!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
In 8/8.1 the app list moves to the left if you install and select Hebrew as the system language.

The app list in Windows 10 is such a backwards step compared to what was in 8.1 so it's placement in Windows 10 For Phones doesn't matter.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi

So sorry, I did not notice your reply! That is an interesting topic you have brought up, but I just think the Windows 10 desktop builds have the app list on the left hand side, so it would create a sense of unity of UI if they both matched one another.

Very interested in what you have said though!

No problem.:cool:

Can you tell us more about this idea? It's interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm getting it.. the "sense of unity" thing.

At any rate, thanks for the insights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett