News Based reminders?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think news based reminders would be useful? Like if Cortana comes across something in your interests that you set a reminder to do something, it could pop up when it see's it?

Like, right now I'm interested to track new hockey salary signings cause I need to keep a record of them. So if I can have a reminder for that when a new article pops up about a signing in the NHL that would be awesome :D

Anyone else think it's useful? Like it can even only work when you activate cortana, I wouldn't expect it to be constantly crawling my web sources.

I put a user voice for it :D news based reminders ? Cortana Feedback

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Or you can go to MSN.com (pc/laptop), click on news, click on my topics and add a new topic (nhl salaries; in your case), download the msn news app to your phone and voila :) I'm hoping the news will also show up in cortana after a few days... Because when I add a new team to the msn sports app, the info shows up in cortana's feed

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
but does that method remind me when it see's salary news to tell me to do something. Like it would be good if it tells me even before I've actually read it. Nevermind the fact that even when I read about it, doesn't necessarily mean I'll remember to do something else about it. :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol I take it you do twenty things at the same time? If you added the topic to your msn, then by now it should be in cortana.. check under interests... then tap the topic and check the box for notifications and voila..

This won't tell you what to do, but it will notify you whenever a story pops up

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
To put things in perspective, I have a reminder to make sure I have my wallet when I leave the house! Granted it mostly happens when I have to travel to work and need a big switch in clothing due to vastly different weather conditions. Showing up to the airport without your wallet is a pain :)

I have daily reminder about 30mins before to go pick up my daughter from school lol. So easy to get caught up with work that the time blows by.

There's just a lot of little things I do that are of lower priority on my list and can be easily forgotten about.

you can use ifttt for emails reminders in the mean time

IFTTT.com

This looks cool, love what they demonstrate. Signing up for an other service though? And where's their Windows support dammit lol. Better yet, buy it and build it into Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6