New PC now, or wait for Windors 10?

kmmcdonald

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Should I buy my new PC now (replacing old 32-bit machine) or wait for the formal release of Windows 10?

If I buy now, what will be the best way to upgrade the new PC to Windows 10 this autumn: wipe hard drive clean and perform a total fresh installation of Windows 10, or follow a standard upgrade procedure (which will presumably retain my installed applications and files)?

thanks

Keith

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to buy something high end, I think you should wait, new hardware will be compatible with new features of W10 like Windows Hello...

kmmcdonald

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
ygtgngr:

I agree with your reply if it applies to laptops or tablets, in which case it is preferable to have a front-viewing sensor integrated into the platform. However, I am shopping for a desktop machine, which presumably, would easily accommodate a USB-based fingerprint sensor or appropriate USB-based camera/scanner perched atop the monitor.

Do you agree, of is there something of which I am unaware?

thanks again

Keith

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well yeah I can't say the same thing for desktops since you can upgrade it anytime you want. Then just go for it when you want a new device you don't need to wait.. But if you're interested in desktop replacements, since you already have a computer now, I would wait for SP4 which will most probably come with W10 pre-installed and since it's Microsoft's it would support every future of W10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz