ninjadave44

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Is it true that so many app developers are dropping WP, because W10 is coming and the apps will be easier built from scratch in the new environment?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I was going to ask the same!

Developing for WP won't be easier, there will be more capabilities.
But In my opinion, I think developers are waiting to see what will w10 bring, they want to see if it deserves their time and codes (which is ridiculous!).
Unfortunately, MS did the same with 8.0 and 8.1 developers stops tell the new version is out.

The result of Windows10, I'm still confused about one store thing, and how developers can get benefited from this, Xbox has totally different uses than the mobile phone, and the same for PCs, I think one store won't help us alot, WP lacks the apps which supposed to work on a phone not PC or any other console.

That's my opinion.
Thank you

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It's still predicated on money. Weather Flow was the perfect example. The app was really nice but the developer couldn't keep up with the financial demand required for the information due to lack of use. I do think you make a valid point, and ultimately that will have some impact, but the reality is most developers wasn't to see some return in their investment and with windows phone behind a separate entity from windows, they will won't to see how the universal store approach takes form. It's a smart business strategy and I can't personally blame them. Although, with snap chat, I'd have reservations for letting them developer for windows, as they seem to just be asinine for no reason.

ninjadave44

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
It's still predicated on money. Weather Flow was the perfect example. The app was really nice but the developer couldn't keep up with the financial demand required for the information due to lack of use. I do think you make a valid point, and ultimately that will have some impact, but the reality is most developers wasn't to see some return in their investment and with windows phone behind a separate entity from windows, they will won't to see how the universal store approach takes form. It's a smart business strategy and I can't personally blame them. Although, with snap chat, I'd have reservations for letting them developer for windows, as they seem to just be asinine for no reason.

I agree its about money, howver that doesn't explain why bank of America, chase and other huge institutions would drop apps right? Maybe I am an optimist but I am hoping W10 "coming soon" is their reason....regardless MS better hurry before we all completely disappear while we are waiting!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro