Does the new email app show categories?

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The ones you can make on outlook.com....

I'm using the iPhone version of Outlook and, as far as I can tell, it doesn't show categories. It does have a 'Quick Filter' feature where you can show unread, Flagged, or emails with files attached. Not sure if additional functionality will be added for the Windows Phone version.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the iPhone version of Outlook and, as far as I can tell, it doesn't show categories. It does have a 'Quick Filter' feature where you can show unread, Flagged, or emails with files attached. Not sure if additional functionality will be added for the Windows Phone version.
The Android version is the same as what you've described.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think Microsoft has done a real good job with the iPhone/Android Outlook app. I'm sure there will be other tweaks before they roll it out to Windows Phone, but even if they released it as-is, Windows Phone users will be getting a fantastic product that is worth getting excited about. Much, much improved over the baked in Windows Phone email and Calendar apps.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I really want the Outlook app (or Mail, idk) to be as full featured as the web client is.
I'm not a demanding user, the current client in 8.1 does a great job for me (since all I do is read incomming mail, and send something once a year),
but you never know when you're going to need it. But to be honest the thing I need the most is a beautiful design. I know lots will disagree with me,
but I really want my apps to look like they're from 2015, not '95.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes