Don't like the round profile pictures :(

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding the round profile pictures kind of cheesy, both on the phone and pc.

Not just cheesy - on a smaller phone (like my Lumia 635), they crop details off already-tiny pictures - enough to reduce my chances of recognizing by picture, which reduces the value of having pictures there at all. (And no, this is NOT a vote for making the circular pictures bigger - this new People app already wastes an astonishing amount of screen real estate...)

And two thumbs down for the non-jumping jumplist while I'm ranting.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't have W10 yet, but based on the screenshots , I'm getting more reluctant to upgrade at all. UI is getting more & more droidy, too much space is wasted & lastly the much debated hamburgers.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Not just cheesy - on a smaller phone (like my Lumia 635), they crop details off already-tiny pictures - enough to reduce my chances of recognizing by picture, which reduces the value of having pictures there at all. (And no, this is NOT a vote for making the circular pictures bigger - this new People app already wastes an astonishing amount of screen real estate...)

And two thumbs down for the non-jumping jumplist while I'm ranting.

hey, I'm not sure if your illiterate or what.. but umm.. in case you didn't know.. YOU'RE USING PRE BETA SOFTWARE!!!

how about you all stop judging the visuals until it atleast hits beta stage eh? I swear this insider program is Microsofts worst mistake =/

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I like it personally ---- a shape doesn't make it "more Android" like, neither does a hamburger. Windows 10 is still a VERY different OS and user experience.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a fan of it either they may remove the round pics in the next build or have an option to have either square or round in personalization settings. The hamburgers I don't mind lol

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
This type of contacts app will be a great experience on Windows 10. Again here, I am only talking about the contact pictures and how it is laid out on the screen. Not the menu.
contact1.jpgcontacts2.jpgcontacts3.jpg

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i'm sure Microsoft has more important things to worry about that square vs round profile pictures....

Not really, UI tweaks are serious business. The littlest things will cause great debate and arguments in design meetings. These profile photos are getting fed in through facebook and linkedin where they are square cropped by default. Which can result in suboptimal results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb