How can I turn off Cellular data in Windows phone 10 Technical Preview?

Mohit Bindal

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Turn off Cellular data in windows phone 10 Technical Preview

Please Help me i am using lumia 520 having the same issue with the data connection in windows phone 10
As i try to create a new access point and points the cursor to access point name the window hangs
I am not able to create a new access point...

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site

For those who are getting black screen in access point setting.

Try the mentioned steps in landscape mode. ( I was having the same issue, landscape mode saved me)

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

It was one of the features Microsoft said didn't work in this build.

Good effort if you found a workaround that works for you.
C'mon now people. I may be suffering with light-headedness at the moment, but is nobody gonna call me out on this one?

I just checked the page I thought it was mentioned on at Is it right for me? - Microsoft Windows and it's not mentioned. So I was mis-remembering and wrote an untruth. For which I apologis/ze.

But it does beg the question, has anyone else actually read that page? Or is it further evidence that world+dog just clicks "Next" on the install warnings etc?

Sachinmeet

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

So, is the cellular data on from the moment you install the build ? Or once you switch it on, it cannot be disabled ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

C'mon now people. I may be suffering with light-headedness at the moment, but is nobody gonna call me out on this one?

I just checked the page I thought it was mentioned on at Is it right for me? - Microsoft Windows and it's not mentioned. So I was mis-remembering and wrote an untruth. For which I apologis/ze.

But it does beg the question, has anyone else actually read that page? Or is it further evidence that world+dog just clicks "Next" on the install warnings etc?

Oh no you were correct. That just touches the iceberg of things that aren't quite right.
And being here for a little bit has told me much of the world+dog clicks ahead (which is why things like Unchecky exist) without looking, but eh.

New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

•Flight mode cannot be enabled.
•Data connections can’t be disabled.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

nice work around. I dnt care for battery life at this moment. but need to save data as Im bing charged. Thnx a ton.

Update: just found out that there is no access point setting in extras for me on my L630 DS
So m stuck.

Access point / Mobile Data etc will not work until a hard reset is done. Hope this helps.

shobhit92bhar

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am unable to switch ON mobile data on my phone. Any solution?

Edit: It's enabled now but the access point work around is not working. Even the fake APN gets activated, still there internet seems to work.

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Oh no you were correct. That just touches the iceberg of things that aren't quite right.
And being here for a little bit has told me much of the world+dog clicks ahead (which is why things like Unchecky exist) without looking, but eh.

New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones
Phew! I was getting worried then.
Seem to be getting over the worst of this cold too.
Normal service has been resumed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss