Cortana displaying wrong weather

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Kerala, India. For the past few months, whenever I ask Cortana, "will it rain today?", Cortana displays the weather of Mumbai, India which is about 1700km away from my place and gives me wrong information. Even it's raining heavily in my place, it says "rain is unlikely". But when I ask her, "where am I now?", it displays my correct location. I'm using Lumia 830. The same problem is there in my wife's 730 also.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you open the Microsoft Weather app, what does that say the weather will be for your current location?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If you open the Microsoft Weather app, what does that say the weather will be for your current location?

Thanks for your reply.
Microsoft weather and my glance screen displays the correct weather of my location. And Cortana used to display the weather of my location correctly before. It's only a few months back this prob started, may be after denim or something, I don't remember exactly.. I'm on wp 8.1 developer preview. Latest release. Denim in my 830.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
To send feedback about Cortana, press the search key to launch Cortana and scroll to the bottom. There you can see "Share my feedback about Cortana"

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is displaying weather of metropolitian cities only now,it seems... As I went to Chennai last week and when asked her,"will it rain today?" it displayed the correct weather of Chennai itself.. But when I reached back to Calicut, it's again showing Mumbai weather only...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923