Can't downgrade to windows phone 8.1

ercanguln

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed technical preview and it really turned my lumia 520 to a useless thing. Outlook disappeared and I can't receve or send mails. I have to charge my phone 3-4 times a day as well.

My real problem is windows phone recovery tool does not recognize my phone. That's why I can not downgrade to windows phone 8.1. I have tried other computers, windows 7 and 8.1, other cables. Result is the same. My computer sees my phone but windows phone recovery tool does not.

Any reccomendations I can try?

(I'm from Turkey, sorry for my grammer mistakes)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Windows central.
The Windows Software Recovery Tool is sometimes "sensitive" I used 5 USB cables and 2 USB ports before the tool recognized my phone. So the only tip I can give you is keep trying.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you should try Nokia Care Suite.. Helped me with my 630.. Bing it! You'll find lots of tutorials.. I don't know if I can post URLs to other forums
Cheers!

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I installed technical preview and it really turned my lumia 520 to a useless thing. Outlook disappeared and I can't receve or send mails. I have to charge my phone 3-4 times a day as well.

My real problem is windows phone recovery tool does not recognize my phone. That's why I can not downgrade to windows phone 8.1. I have tried other computers, windows 7 and 8.1, other cables. Result is the same. My computer sees my phone but windows phone recovery tool does not.

Any reccomendations I can try?

(I'm from Turkey, sorry for my grammer mistakes)
Try Lumia Software Recovery. They include Nokia Connectivity cable driver which used to detecting your phone. turn off your pphone and disconnect it from your computer. Open Lumia recovery tools and click that your device is not detected. aafter that follow the instructions

RenardPongrac

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Folks, I would like to know how to downgrade from windows 10 to original windows 8 on a Lumia 521 phone.

I have tried using the Windows phone recovery tool 1.2.4 and it does not work at all. Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 on my Nokia Lumia 521 phone it does not work right at all. Beyond slow, draining the battery at an incredible amount and many other issues as well.

All I want to do is go back to what the phone was when it was working perfectly before I upgraded it. I have backed everything up already from the phone.

Windows Phone Recovery Tool and the Nokia care suite is useless and does not work at all and I have tried many different brand new usb cables. Just to give you further details whether they may help or not I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a 64-bit machine.

One thing I deeply regret is downloading Windows 10 on my phone as it has become practically useless and I ready to toss it in the garbage and go out and purchased a different phone for sure. If anyone can assist or point me in the right direction it would be deeply appreciated and I appreciate all your time and assistance.

Regards and thank you.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Folks, I would like to know how to downgrade from windows 10 to original windows 8 on a Lumia 521 phone.

I have tried using the Windows phone recovery tool 1.2.4 and it does not work at all. Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 on my Nokia Lumia 521 phone it does not work right at all. Beyond slow, draining the battery at an incredible amount and many other issues as well.

All I want to do is go back to what the phone was when it was working perfectly before I upgraded it. I have backed everything up already from the phone.

Windows Phone Recovery Tool and the Nokia care suite is useless and does not work at all and I have tried many different brand new usb cables. Just to give you further details whether they may help or not I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a 64-bit machine.

One thing I deeply regret is downloading Windows 10 on my phone as it has become practically useless and I ready to toss it in the garbage and go out and purchased a different phone for sure. If anyone can assist or point me in the right direction it would be deeply appreciated and I appreciate all your time and assistance.

Regards and thank you.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the Recovery Tool. . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)