Upgrade from 10 to 10 Pro, how can I get rid of an error message?

I Like Cake

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Upgrade from 10 to 10 Pro

Hi all,

My Brother installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on his PC that he'd built himself in Early January. I'd been using it since October so i recommended he use it instead of buying windows 8.1 because i wasn't a fan. It installed fine and has worked well until today. he's started receiving this message:

"The licence for this evaluation version of windows has expired. You'll need to install the latest version and activate it. This PC will restart every two hours until you activate your licence so you should back up your data."

I looked at my copy wondering why mine is still working. Turns out that I'm using Windows 10 Pro and he is using Windows 10. His build is 9841 and mine is 10041 (Yes he's tried to update his copy).

Assuming that's the problem i was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to upgrade to Pro. Or if there is no easy way can someone tell me where to find a Windows 10 Pro IOS file because when i look on Microsoft's website it does not specify which version is available.

Many Thanks

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Upgrade from 10 to 10 Pro

I don't remember if it's that particular build, but I had the same problem installing from an ISO and not being able to update because the version I had burned was too early a build.

I think you'll need to re-download the ISO and reinstall using that one, and hopefully you'll be able to update to 10049.

That being said, eventually he'll need to buy Windows, though, if he wants to eventually get W10 for free after the TP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3