I have a feeling that Windows 10.1 would be the Windows 10 we need(ed), does anyone else feel this way?

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling that windows 10.1 would be the windows 10 we need(ed).

What 8.1 was supposed to be for 8, similarly 10.1 would be the 10 should have been. At this stage I don't think of new features like, for phones: New lock-screen(interactive), Interactive live tiles, better app integration, customizable color palette for start screen, grouped start-screen options, new unlock features etc.
I know it is still alpha, but given that they have a summer release which could very well be by August end, they don't have time for that I guess(given their one build every 2 months plan).
8.1 brought a whole bunch of features to 8, and I know 10 is going to be like the final versions for windows there is(based on the forums here.), 10.2 and so on will be obviously better, but 10.1 is the one we should look for.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a feeling that windows 10.1 would be the windows 10 we need(ed).

What 8.1 was supposed to be for 8, similarly 10.1 would be the 10 should have been. At this stage I don't think of new features like, for phones: New lock-screen(interactive), Interactive live tiles, better app integration, customizable color palette for start screen, grouped start-screen options, new unlock features etc.
I know it is still alpha, but given that they have a summer release which could very well be by August end, they don't have time for that I guess(given their one build every 2 months plan).
8.1 brought a whole bunch of features to 8, and I know 10 is going to be like the final versions for windows there is(based on the forums here.), 10.2 and so on will be obviously better, but 10.1 is the one we should look for.

Yes, following updates will be better. And hopefully it stays that way for everyone no matter what software they run.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe the purpose of Windows Insider is to improve and get more and more features from what users really need as what Microsoft is doing now for the Windows 10 Technical Preview, with that feedback system that they are doing now, is a possibility of they will stick the name to just Windows 10 and will be for a long time before they decide to make 10.1 or whatever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786