Windows 10 to launch at the end of July, according to AMD

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
The AMD exec was speaking on a recent financial conference call when she let slip the fact that Microsoft was looking to get the OS out in time for the ?back to school? promotions. This, which fits in nicely with previous moves from the company, will ensure that Windows 10 has a high adoption rate out of the gate. Plus a massive launch of a new OS will be an exciting event for both partners and the public.
Windows 10 to launch at the end of July, according to AMD

3 months.

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hope this announcement is for desktop OS. For phones, I expect a lot from them. This is too early. If July release is true, I highly doubt about adding new features with upcoming TP builds before July. Because just 2-3 builds in between and they gonna be bug fixing and UI polishing updates.
And.. They said win10 will bring drastic changes in mobile OS market. Till now, WP 10 is very much a 8.1 with few add-ons.
There is no WOW part in WP10..WP need it to take over the phone market.
Please MS don't break my hope :(

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hope this announcement is for desktop OS. For phones, I expect a lot from them. This is too early. If July release is true, I highly doubt about adding new features with upcoming TP builds before July. Because just 2-3 builds in between and they gonna be bug fixing and UI polishing updates.
And.. They said win10 will bring drastic changes in mobile OS market. Till now, WP 10 is very much a 8.1 with few add-ons.
There is no WOW part in WP10..WP need it to take over the phone market.
Please MS don't break my hope :(

This is only for PC

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I think official phone build will probably be released in the fall,winter or somewhere around 2016 with all the bugs and glitches hanging around in the TP so far.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably part of the engineers will be reassigned to WP after feature freeze on the desktop variant. Microsoft has to launch Windows 10 on all the form factors at the same time.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably part of the engineers will be reassigned to WP after feature freeze on the desktop variant. Microsoft has to launch Windows 10 on all the form factors at the same time.
There's nothing that says they have to launch multi platform OS's at the same time, besides when they launch win10 for phone you still have to wait for phone companies to test the OS out, apply their default apps to It and then for them to push It OTA which could anywhere to a year and a half, look at denim, people are still waiting for that to hit their phone.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing that says they have to launch multi platform OS's at the same time, besides when they launch win10 for phone you still have to wait for phone companies to test the OS out, apply their default apps to It and then for them to push It OTA which could anywhere to a year and a half, look at denim, people are still waiting for that to hit their phone.

That's the main selling point of the platform, so they have to. At least one phone, hopefully a flagship.
The update for WP8 devices is another story.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
That's the main selling point of the platform, so they have to. At least one phone, hopefully a flagship.
The update for WP8 devices is another story.
They still won't release phone at same time as laptop version. The flagship with win10 won't come out until fall I'd assume.

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Traditionally, it takes MS about 7 weeks from RTM to releasing to the public. If public release is July 31st (just took the last day of the month) then we're looking at Win10 hitting RTM mid June.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos