I am currently running Windows 10 preview build 10049 on my surface pro (1st generation). Ever since this recent update (and I guess another recent change I made was using a power cover instead of the original type cover) I've been having frozen programs while working on it. They're not intense resource drainers either. I was using it in class today with word, one note, PDF, torrent in the background, and a chat client in the background. I usually always have these on plus more, but everything freezes up. I can open start, I can't shut down nor restart, can't close my applications (just says waiting for program to respond and loads forever), can't alt + ctrl + delete. I'm forced to do a hard reset by holding the power button. It's happened about 4-5x already. Anyone else have the same issues? I have a Bluetooth dongle in the USB port for my mouse and a microSD plugged in, which is always there prior to windows 10
    04-20-2015 03:34 PM
    I'm noticing a lot of "lag" since 10049, with frequent program crashing/freezing on an ongoing, regular basis. Extremely slow boot times as well. I'm running on a Lenovo Flex 2-15 laptop. Running Project Spartan makes the system slow to a crawl, but nothing is slow in 8.1. I was thinking perhaps it was improper Windows 10 drivers for my laptop, but I'm beginning to wonder about that. Perhaps I'll wait for the next build before I boot back into it to upgrade, see how it goes from there.

I'm glad I set up a dual boot between 8.1 and 10. I'm having to get my actual work done in 8.1, and just play with 10 when I get extra time.
    04-20-2015 04:44 PM
    I think the culprit is putting the device to sleep and loading it up again. Once again, windows froze on me. Things can open but they can't close. I think ill mention that in feedback
    04-20-2015 09:03 PM
    I think the culprit is putting the device to sleep and loading it up again. Once again, windows froze on me. Things can open but they can't close. I think ill mention that in feedback
    Sleep in W10TP causes my devices all kinds of issues. I change all Sleep settings to Hibernate. Seems to work better. And out of interest, why a Bluetooth dongle? Does the Surface Pro not have Bluetooth? Was pretty sure it did.
    Also, Vol Up + Power is a key combination for a dirty power down. Can get it out of that sleeping/resuming/not responding hissy fit. But is obviously a dirty shutdown.
    04-20-2015 09:10 PM
    Sleep in W10TP causes my devices all kinds of issues. I change all Sleep settings to Hibernate. Seems to work better. And out of interest, why a Bluetooth dongle? Does the Surface Pro not have Bluetooth? Was pretty sure it did.
    Also, Vol Up + Power is a key combination for a dirty power down. Can get it out of that sleeping/resuming/not responding hissy fit. But is obviously a dirty shutdown.
    Oh the Bluetooth dongle is for my Logitech mice and its unifying software. One dongle for 2 mice. I've never tried pairing both to the built in Bluetooth. I'll try the hibernate thing though. Thanks for the tip!
    04-20-2015 11:34 PM
    Go Logitech!
    04-20-2015 11:36 PM