Who else like Spartan?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I think Project Spartan is a great new start for Microsoft. For me its unbelievably quick, nicely designed, and better than I expected it to be. I might even delete Firefox and/or Google the way Spartan is treating me. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? or do you think it still has a lot of work to do before it can compete with Google or even any other browser? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.

11500e67d41e1d1a429f1fd5445611db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yup. It's my main browser on the Windows 10 tech preview :) I'm loving it! It's definitely fast! The Google Analytics website still doesn't work right on it though (It didn't on Internet Explorer either). I only open Firefox for Google Analytics. Spartan is great!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear others are enjoying it too. Even though its considered to be in beta and Microsoft is still adding features and customizations, its still pretty cool to use.

Edited: Yea @TheMightyCraken it should defiantly have a feature to force HTTPS

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
All quirks aside, I've been using Spartan reliably as my daily browser since it was included in the preview. The only reason I can't use it all the time is because Google's apps have problems on it.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Problems with Google's apps? Ill have to check that out. Hopefully they could fix this before the final release. I haven't tested Spartan on any Google apps yet, but Microsoft should defiantly fix those if any.

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've got to say, Spartan's delivered my single most-missed feature about IE - "Close tabs to the right"
Hallelujah!!!
If I ever meet the dev responsible, I'll probably lick his/her face.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
On my many-hat kind of office job, one part that has really helped me are the web notes. I could be on a virtual or in-person meeting and just draw on their websites to discuss improvements. There are things that need to improve, but having that has saved tons of time.

YoRelsaviD

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Not me. I like having my links down the left side of the browser like in Firefox. I will be glad when we can get some technical information about Windows 10 and it aps.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I can handle the slowness. I can handle the mid-comment random page reloads. I can handle the lack of any indication of cursor/selection placement in the omnibar. I can even handle not using my regular password manager.
But, for the love of God, I hope the next one has ALT+D​.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
It's headed in the right direction, but it still lacks dome important functionality features.
True, I couldn't delete Google or Firefox because of the feature they both have, but I cant wait to see if Microsoft adds some features to Spartan. Every once in a while I like to see features on web browsers, but I mostly like them for the looks and speed.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I can handle the slowness. I can handle the mid-comment random page reloads. I can handle the lack of any indication of cursor/selection placement in the omnibar. I can even handle not using my regular password manager.
But, for the love of God, I hope the next one has ALT+D​.
Slowness?? Uhhh, I had no trouble with Spartan. This new product Microsoft created is faster than light itself.

Edited: From one of your posts Hotphil. "Lick his/her face"? I'm a little scared now.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I like it, but I don't know why it's favorite are not sync with the IE11
True, but Microsoft has plans to get rid of IE completely for Windows 10, Windows 7 & 8.1 (Since there gonna be eligible for upgrade)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss