Windows 10 Spotlight lockscreen collection

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy. I'll update when new ones pop up.
I began too late collecting them. If someone can help me dig up the old hidden backgrounds from previous builds I will add them to this collection. One background I particularly liked was the one with the city shot from above with all the lights and blurry stuff between the buildings. Does anyone have it?
e2d16a0d6702145ef66bcc90628b54094560bd8cbdb06bb0aa81d383a67d757d.jpeg
is it this one?
I have some backgrounds from Build 10061 and others http://1drv.ms/1JkHTw5 (i also have screenshots of the bin from Build 10049 in there)

EDIT: new link https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aujfru2QyU4IjIN8RL-fJCLV1CpyKw

Last edited:

manilabeans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Can you please tell me where I could find the wallpapers? I tried looking for them but I can't locate the directory. One of my Windows 10 installs currently has the bamboo "forest"(?) wallpaper that I really like (the one with a path cutting right through the center) and I would really love to get that one. I have been visiting the OneDrive share on this page regularly hoping that that wallpaper would turn up there one of these days...

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I, too, am looking for the repository where the high-resolution Spotlight images reside on the computer. There's one I am currently looking for which is the one with the beach cove:
Windows-10-desktop-wallpaper-hd-07.jpg

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
A quick search on the web (Bing in my case), allowed me to quickly find the lockscreen images can be found under C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager...\LocalState\Assets
However since this feature no longer works in Windows 10 Pro, it'd be great if someone could share the new images. I no longer have spotlight but I can set a slideshow of the spotlight pictures until Microsoft brings back the feature to all editions of Windows 10

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Will you be adding any new updates the one i currently have now is gorgeous and want to make it my wallpaper :D
its like a canyon with a bolt of lightning in the background :)

i was using the pro version of Windows 10 and unfortunately they removed Spotlight from this version :( Luckily I recently got another machine on which I decided to install the Home Insider Preview to get this function back so I will add more (I will update this post with a link to the new backgrounds soon)

Jonas Bonnichsen

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey, i have now searched the web and looked in many collections of spotlight pictures, but i can't seem to find my favorite, i have a screenshot, but the time and date in it is kind of anoying. So if anyone can find a "clean" version of it, you would make my day so much!
Udklip.JPG

armimatos

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a question: is this the location for windows spotlight lock screens? C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Asset s

If it is how do I open those files as jpg format or any other image formats? they are just files with a large name

Last edited:

Gadget Geek

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Would be grateful if you can find the latest blue circular orb thing that was shown at stage at the latest Windows event and I saw show up on my Enterprise build Surface. I'm on Pro on personal machine. Still looking for a hack to enable Spotlight. For now will use the slideshow.

WilliamLiau

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi all: I have Windows 10 Home and I have spotlight option, but it's not working. I can see the various pictures in the preview box, and I have no option "do I like it or not". But I have only one and the same image all the time (a "cave cove" looking out to the beach) when I switch on my laptop. I have picture & slide options as well in the lockscreen setting, but the slide option does not work either. Only the picture option works. I can select a picture, and see it when I switch on my laptop.

Can anyone advice me how to make Spotlight works on my lockscreen? Thanks.

LuxZg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Every lock screen image has a phone variant. Sort images by name to see the images that belong together next to each other.

I have some backgrounds from Build 10061 and others

You can find my collection of Spotlight lockscreens here

First off, I'd like to thank crise and QuentinJ for collecting these nice pictures all in one place, well, more or less one place :)
I'd like to extend my thanks by jumping in as well, with a selection of wallpapers & lockscreen images from builds 10041 all the way to most recent ones in Insider Preview:

(I'm fresh user on forum so can't post links, sorry, but I'll msg crise with URL so he can repost)

I've tried to keep them sorted more or less as they are in Windows, just renamed folders to add build numbers from where they were taken from. I still have many Windows.old folders on my drive (not sure why, LOL!), and went through them all, but this is all I could find. Most were just repeated between older builds, so I did not copy them multiple times. Still, some dupes are possible.

Hey, i have now searched the web and looked in many collections of spotlight pictures, but i can't seem to find my favorite, i have a screenshot, but the time and date in it is kind of anoying. So if anyone can find a "clean" version of it, you would make my day so much!

I believe you'll be happy when you read this post, I have that picture :) It's a great one! caught my eye as well!

LuxZg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Just in case someone is interested, I made a smal batch file that when run copies today's pictures from "Assets" folder (Windows Spotlight), puts them to some folder (in my case C:\Downloads\Wallpapers\asset-new), if folder is not there it will create it, no worries, and after copying it renames all files to .jpg (JPEG). Final step is opening that folder with today's pictures in File Explorer - all nice and ready for you to do as you wish.

Here is the code, just copy and save as "whateverYouWant.bat":
C:
CD %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
FOR /f "tokens=2-4 delims=. " %%a IN ('date /t') DO (set mydate=%%b-%%a-%%c)
XCOPY * C:\Downloads\Wallpapers\asset-new\ /D:%mydate%
CD C:\Downloads\Wallpapers\asset-new
REN C:\Downloads\Wallpapers\asset-new\* *.jpg
explorer .

Few remarks:
- if you change the destination folder, please make sure you change it in all 3 lines. Also, if folder has spaces you'll need to put quotes("") around the whole path
- the todays date is created in the third line, starting with "FOR"... in case you have PC date/time setup with something different than me (31.12.2015.) you'll need to do 2 modifications. First, if your date is delimited with slash (/) you'll need to change "deli=." to "deli=/". Also, if your date is not DD MM YYYY you'll need to swap the "%%b-%%a-%%c" to the order that gives the right combination (eg. 10-16-2015 for today's date). Play around in command line, it's not that hard.

I think that's it! Have fun with your daily dose of Windows Spotlight pictures ;)

Btw, since I still don't have right to post URLs, and you want to see images in my OneDrive folder please msg me and I'll send you link. Also, if someone wants to post it for me, msg me, and I'll send it to you.

mohamed_ayman56

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have some new backgrounds

Edited:
hi guys, I have collected every spotlight lock screen wallpaper there has ever been since the day they started to appear until today (25th of november 2016). they are 578 spotlight wallpapers (no duplicate wallpaprs) in addition to 21 official (not spotlight wallpapers) so the total number is 599 images and this is the ultimate collection of spotlight wallpapers there is on the internet until today (25th of november 2016) (no duplicate wallpapers). the actual spotlight wallpapers are 289 spotlight wallpapers (but every wallpaper has two versions one for mobile and one for computer) in addition to 21 official windows wallpapers making a total of 599 wallpapers at the size of nearly 700 MB (696 MB to be exact).
All Wallpapers are in HD HQ
all you have to do is clicking the below link and a new tab will open in your browser for the shared folder choose what you want to download or just click the option download at the left of the screen near the top to download the entire folder at once (shared via my OneDrive). they are well organized and renamed by sequantial numbers so it makes it easy to find the wallpaper you want.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgCr_9AUBmO7kEtWUfpgaHcD5O2c

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss