'Hey Cortana' on my PC with Windows 10?

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, wondering if anyone could help.

I haven't installed W10 on my desktop PC, I'll wait for the general release, but I was wondering if the 'Hey Cortana' feature is included in Windows 10 for PC's?

I vaguely remember reading something about this on Windows Central a while ago, but I can't seem to find the article I'm thinking of, and without having Windows 10 myself, I thought I'd ask those who might know.

Thanks for any help.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I enabled Hey Cortana on my PC recently.

Open Cortana, hit the settings button and scroll down to see the Hey Cortana

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Considering my Vista-era laptop has it, I think all you need is a microphone. Probably being more lax with power usage than on a phone.
More specifically, you need a *good* microphone. I have tried several of those cheap ones that came with older computers and I had never actually used, I found one that sometimes works if I hold it within one inch of my face and speak really loud.

moorken

May 3, 2015
Visit site
i use a 5 bucks mic, and it seems to work fine. And yes, its also a zillion years old :) finally i found a good use for it LOL

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
'Hey Cortana' is included in Windows 10 for PC's, but it will work only if you're within that limited few countries which Microsoft supports...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett