I want Windows 10 to never install anything from outside of the store

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
in my extended family I'm the one they talk to when they have a problem on their PCs , most of the problems caused by trying to install a program and downloading something else (sometimes malicious) or downloading the right program but getting malware/adware installed with it (that slow-down the device or fill the browser with adds and pop-ups) . these issue are common among normal windows users and all of them caused by the lack of a trusted download source for all programs .

now Microsoft want to solve the last part by making the Windows Store a place for win32 programs , and I really like that , now when I setup a device for a family member I want Microsoft to give me the option to choose to never allow the user to install anything from outside the store , this actually will make windows very secure and give me the peace of mind that it will work for any of my family members with no issues (and they can use the store to get any app or program) .

I actually think this should be the default (and being by default locked to the store this will encourage the developers to put there win32 programs on the store ASAP )

and I posted it at windows uservoice (you can vote for it here

Mikado_Wu

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Remove them from the Admin Group. Problem is Many programs now with Malware no longer install. They basically extract and place shortcuts. Example, most of the Google Products act this way.

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Remove them from the Admin Group. Problem is Many programs now with Malware no longer install. They basically extract and place shortcuts. Example, most of the Google Products act this way.

it's not about them , it'a about 1 Billion Windows users

it's about making Windows by default as safe and stable as ipad IOS

Last edited:

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if Microsoft could provide an administrative toggle to take Windows in and out of a secure mode. Secure being only store installs, no unsigned software, etc. It would be a lot like the restrictions in Windows RT but easily disabled for power users.

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice if Microsoft could provide an administrative toggle to take Windows in and out of a secure mode. Secure being only store installs, no unsigned software, etc. It would be a lot like the restrictions in Windows RT but easily disabled for power users.

yes exactly , I used Windows RT and loved the safety and stability of the OS , the only problem was lack of win32 apps , now with windows 10 including win32 and .net apps Microsoft cam make Windows 10 with all the apps yet very secure and stable like Windows RT or IOS (and advanced user can enable other app sourced just like Android or Mac OS )

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Noooooo. I want Windows 10 to install Everything from outside the Store. Why?? Cause I wanna play MineCraft. Why? Cause I really can't stand it when I see 0 seeds on Windows apps on Kickass. Why u say again? Cause everyone else also wants it(Ok prolly not every1

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Noooooo. I want Windows 10 to install Everything from outside the Store. Why?? Cause I wanna play MineCraft. Why? Cause I really can't stand it when I see 0 seeds on Windows apps on Kickass. Why u say again? Cause everyone else also wants it(Ok prolly not every1

Minecraft will be at Windows 10 store.
also I suggested that it's locked to the store be default but you can to the settings and toggle something to install from anywhere (just like Android and Mac OS )

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Minecraft will be at Windows 10 store.
also I suggested that it's locked to the store be default but you can to the settings and toggle something to install from anywhere (just like Android and Mac OS )

Yea the New Developer Mode inside the WP10 should do the trick on that. 20 Apps can Side-Loaded so I'm gonna chill my way into the torrents(if there's ever any lol)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This would make a lot of people's lives easier and one I think they could implement by evolving UAC.

So that it is easy for the not so tech savy people to enable, it's one thing to tell them to use Standard users for daily use and install via an Admin user or to remove users from the admin group.

But to expect them to live by that or do it for every created users for all their PC's is just asking too much sadly.

Personally I would rather have MS give users simple options via the OOBE (Out-Of-Box Experience wizard) and have this enabled by default. So Power users can simply just click Custom and tweak what they want.

As a matter of habit, I never use "recommended" for any install and always elect to use custom as that is the only sure fire away to avoid the auto installs off toolbars, McAffee adware and Chrome along with the other generic "speed boosters" etc.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720