New Skype Experience

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
So as of 10074, most of the new stock apps (mail, cal, music, video, etc.) are coming along nicely in their preview forms, but so far we've seen nothing about the new version of Skype. We've seen bits and pieces of it since January but details have been sketchy. It looks like they're finally integrating more fully and offering an experience more like iMessage on iOS and Mac, but just to what extent we don't know. There's two big question marks that I'm seeing with it right now.

Will they finally consolidate accounts? I've been wanting them to drop the old skype usernames in favor of MS ID emails forever (mostly because they're unchangeable and mine from 2008 is just embarrassing) but it's been half-integrated for almost 3 years now.

Will it work like iOS/Mac's handoff where a tablet/PC can send and receive calls and SMS (skype calls and messages will obviously)​

Do you think the reason we haven't gotten a preview yet is because they have more stuff to announce about it, and if so when do you think we'll see it?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think there is definitely more they plan to announce about it, I imagine skype is actually pretty far in development, skype has a decently big team, certainly bigger than xbox music/video.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to finding out more about this. I thought they would have announced more about it by now or showed it off in January or at Build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750