Is The Latest Windows 10 Preview Suitable For SP3 ???

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I own a SP3 (i7, 8GB RAM. Just mentioned them just in case it matters) its my primary laptop. I don't use the surface pen anymore as its not working. Do you recommend the latest windows 10 technical preview ?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So are you recommending installing the technical preview. I can deal with a few bugs as long as I get my internet and my word documents, I'm good

As @hotphil said.

I wouldn't recommend an unfinished OS to anyone. But If you are willing to take the risk: W10 is awesome and I'm running it on my primary machine since November without any serious hickups.

rospower96

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well i wouldnt recommend running it on a primary pc. Its fun to see the changes and stuff. But its very unstable. For example i used it on my notebook. But then I noticed I can't use wifi which isn't shown or I use my wifi connection after an hour or so. It's buggy and sometimes crashes. Win8.1 is just enough for work

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have it dual-booted on my SP3 (i5, 8GB) and I'm not crazy about the current build. The battery life is horrible, and it runs hot all the time, even while only doing basic things like web browsing. I still boot into 8.1 about 99% of the time, and even the times that I do boot into 10, I can't be in it for more than 5-10 minutes before I get annoyed by the fan running on full blast. As far as functionality and tablet usability goes, this build is great compared to the older builds, but there's still a lot of work left to be done before I'd consider it for my primary OS.

tl;dr version: I wouldn't recommend it for now.

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried it on my laptop last month, and I went back to Win8.1. While it's great for a beta, it's still a beta. Very few things felt the same or faster... I'll be waiting until vendors released official drivers for Win10 before I install it on my primary laptop.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Been running my SP3 (i5/8/256) on Windows 10 since the first preview, now on 10074. It works fine, mostly. The few things that have trouble, I've learned to live without or work around. I would not go back to 8.1 if you paid me.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been running my SP3 (i7) since first preview as well. I really like it and it does perform well with little to no quirks anymore. Though as another has stated battery life is not great and does run extremely hot even during simple tasks or sitting idle even. The i7 version does have heat issues anyways but Win10 does seem to bring it out more.

All in all I wouldn't advise against using Win 10 on a SP3. Works for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon