The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    The title says it all. I want a touch friendly file explorer in Windows 10. Also, one that is better than the touch file explorer/opener in win 8. There is bound to be a happy medium somewhere between these two extremes. The new settings app in win 10 gave me hope that Microsoft could deliver a fully touch capable file manager. But with the summer quickly approaching I don't think they are going to deliver on this front. Maybe they're holding out on a few things so there are some surprises when win 10 RTM's.

It is possible that they will update the Windows phone Files app to become a universal app for the tablet as well. However, the Files app is really bare bones compared to the desktops file explorer.

With so many current Windows 8 laptops being touch capable, you'd think that Microsoft would focus on making sure that tablet mode is great, or at least usable. As a surface pro 3 owner, the tablet usability is extremely important. At this point, I have a hard time seeing Windows 10 being a decent tablet OS, at least out the gate. A touch friendly file explorer would definitely sway my opinion.

Do you agree? Sound off!
    EssThree likes this.
    05-11-2015 11:19 PM
    Check out this mockup:
    file_explorer_tablet.jpg
    here is the link to that guys onedrive folder: http://1drv.ms/1ApKxek
    In my opinion this looks great so I hope that MS would do something about that, of course they need some refinements. The file explorer in its current state is outdated.
    That guy has a uservoice here https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...ss-transparenc but his problem was putting to many suggestions in one uservoice post. MS added the transparancy effect and marked this suggestion as done.
    Here is another uservoice: https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...riendly-modern
    I don't like his mockup, but his suggestion is basically what we/I want. MS even answered that we should keep voting for it. ;)
    Last edited by Southgarden116; 05-12-2015 at 03:23 AM. Reason: additional information
    05-12-2015 03:17 AM
    I voted for it. It's nice to know that in not the only one who cares about this kind of thing. It already had nearly 8,000 votes.
    05-12-2015 01:50 PM
    Windows 10 Phone already has a File Explorer installed by default, so theoretically, if that is already a UWP-designed app, that could be the touch-friendly File Explorer you are wanting. It is a little rough, and if simply plopped into PC Windows at its current state, I'd be a bit disappointed.

I'd just wait and see.
    05-12-2015 03:16 PM