Does Spartan work with Java?

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Does Spartan work with Java

While accessing a site to activate Java permission ..Spartan does not access Java permission as Internet Explorer does.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does Spartan work with Java

Hopefully not. Google recently dropped it in chrome and it's high time Microsoft did as well. Java is just terrible.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Because Google had no other development environment or runtime when they developed Android so they stole one from Sun microsystems and later Oracle.

The one they stole, Java, is pretty terrible and still contributes to much of the performance and security problems of the Android platform

0000alex0000

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Because Google had no other development environment or runtime when they developed Android so they stole one from Sun microsystems and later Oracle.

The one they stole, Java, is pretty terrible and still contributes to much of the performance and security problems of the Android platform

Can you tell me how C/C++ is more secure?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

C++ is a strongly typed, compiled, language and programs aren't dependent on a runtime VM over which the programmer has little influence or control.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

I have the Microsoft solitaire collection on my Lenovo laptop working with Win 10 preview now. The java site is quicker and it functions much better than Microsoft...It's simple with less options.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No offense but why are android apps are still developed in java?

The question was Java website support. Java itself clearly isn't dead as an enterprise tool and in Android apps, but last year so many vulnerabilities were Java related that use in web clients is dead for sure.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I have the Microsoft solitaire collection on my Lenovo laptop working with Win 10 preview now. The java site is quicker and it functions much better than Microsoft...It's simple with less options.

Quicker and functions better are not words I would use in the same sentence to describe Java.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

Quicker and functions better are not words I would use in the same sentence to describe Java.
While I'm not a developer ..if I want to play a game or access a site ,I'm on the end of the app or program as a user. Sometimes I don't need all the glitzy junk that goes along with some of the pre-programs. If it's simple and does the job and works ..it's great. If I want a simple checkbook app or program why go thru all the trouble to link all my accounts on it such as Quicken and others..
just my 2 cents.. :cool:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

While I'm not a developer ..if I want to play a game or access a site ,I'm on the end of the app or program as a user. Sometimes I don't need all the glitzy junk that goes along with some of the pre-programs. If it's simple and does the job and works ..it's great. If I want a simple checkbook app or program why go thru all the trouble to link all my accounts on it such as Quicken and others..
just my 2 cents.. :cool:

I forgot about this but you could try going to about:flags in Spartan. Scroll to the bottom and there are two options related to Java. Just be aware they are experimental but they might get the site working.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

I forgot about this but you could try going to about:flags in Spartan. Scroll to the bottom and there are two options related to Java. Just be aware they are experimental but they might get the site working.
Thanks for the input.. tried it ..reset browser ..restarted system.. :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes