While accessing a site to activate Java permission ..Spartan does not access Java permission as Internet Explorer does.
    05-13-2015 09:16 PM
    Hopefully not. Google recently dropped it in chrome and it's high time Microsoft did as well. Java is just terrible.
    Laura Knotek and neo158 like this.
    05-13-2015 09:20 PM
    I go to this site to play solitaire.. Software Intro
    The site is accessable but I cant play the games...
    05-13-2015 09:28 PM
    Java is dead as it has far too many insecurities and is not mobile friendly. Time to find a new game site or not use Spartan but Spartan will be super secure
    05-13-2015 10:30 PM
    Java is dead as it has far too many insecurities and is not mobile friendly. Time to find a new game site or not use Spartan but Spartan will be super secure
    No offense but why are android apps are still developed in java?
    05-13-2015 11:04 PM
    Because Google had no other development environment or runtime when they developed Android so they stole one from Sun microsystems and later Oracle.

The one they stole, Java, is pretty terrible and still contributes to much of the performance and security problems of the Android platform
    05-14-2015 12:00 AM
    Because Google had no other development environment or runtime when they developed Android so they stole one from Sun microsystems and later Oracle.

The one they stole, Java, is pretty terrible and still contributes to much of the performance and security problems of the Android platform
    Can you tell me how C/C++ is more secure?
    05-14-2015 12:06 AM
    C++ is a strongly typed, compiled, language and programs aren't dependent on a runtime VM over which the programmer has little influence or control.
    05-14-2015 12:11 AM
    Hopefully not. Google recently dropped it in chrome and it's high time Microsoft did as well. Java is just terrible.

Yep! It doesn't work in Chrome.

capture3.png
    05-14-2015 12:12 AM
    Why go to a website to play solitaire, just download the free Microsoft Solitaire Collection from the store instead?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2015 01:52 AM
    I have the Microsoft solitaire collection on my Lenovo laptop working with Win 10 preview now. The java site is quicker and it functions much better than Microsoft...It's simple with less options.
    05-14-2015 06:10 AM
    No offense but why are android apps are still developed in java?
    The question was Java website support. Java itself clearly isn't dead as an enterprise tool and in Android apps, but last year so many vulnerabilities were Java related that use in web clients is dead for sure.
    05-14-2015 11:59 AM
    C++ is a strongly typed, compiled, language and programs aren't dependent on a runtime VM over which the programmer has little influence or control.
    How does that related to security?
    05-15-2015 05:22 PM
    I have the Microsoft solitaire collection on my Lenovo laptop working with Win 10 preview now. The java site is quicker and it functions much better than Microsoft...It's simple with less options.
    Quicker and functions better are not words I would use in the same sentence to describe Java.
    Ordeith likes this.
    05-16-2015 05:43 AM
    Quicker and functions better are not words I would use in the same sentence to describe Java.
    While I'm not a developer ..if I want to play a game or access a site ,I'm on the end of the app or program as a user. Sometimes I don't need all the glitzy junk that goes along with some of the pre-programs. If it's simple and does the job and works ..it's great. If I want a simple checkbook app or program why go thru all the trouble to link all my accounts on it such as Quicken and others..
    just my 2 cents..
    neo158 likes this.
    05-16-2015 10:10 AM
    While I'm not a developer ..if I want to play a game or access a site ,I'm on the end of the app or program as a user. Sometimes I don't need all the glitzy junk that goes along with some of the pre-programs. If it's simple and does the job and works ..it's great. If I want a simple checkbook app or program why go thru all the trouble to link all my accounts on it such as Quicken and others..
    just my 2 cents..
    I forgot about this but you could try going to about:flags in Spartan. Scroll to the bottom and there are two options related to Java. Just be aware they are experimental but they might get the site working.
    05-16-2015 10:25 AM
    I forgot about this but you could try going to about:flags in Spartan. Scroll to the bottom and there are two options related to Java. Just be aware they are experimental but they might get the site working.
    Thanks for the input.. tried it ..reset browser ..restarted system..
    05-16-2015 11:52 AM