For as long as I have had Windows, there has been multiple cases where I would have to just wipe my secondary memory (typically a hard drive disc) and do a completely fresh install of Windows.
    This question also applies to if I ever upgrade my secondary memory causing me to have to install it fresh on the new drive.

Since I will be one that will be upgrading to Windows 10 for free, how would I have to go about this? This is assuming that I wouldn't have to until after the 1-year free period.

Would the fact that I originally upgraded during the 1-year period be saved so that I would be able to easily upgrade again?
    Would I simply have to create a boot-drive of Windows 10 and use my old Windows 7 Key?

The reason why I am asking is three reasons:
    1.) I don't see why if I already have an OS, and it is the OS's fault that I would have to re-install it, that I would have to pay for another copy of the same OS just to fix the problem.
    2.) If this hasn't already been considered by Microsoft, I am hoping that this question will bring this impending issue into light.
    3.) I also don't see why if I already have the knowledge to do it myself, why would I pay at least $50-$100 for somebody else to do it. This is one of the reasons why I don't use an Apple computer.

If this impending issue (not probable, impending...it is Going to happen to people in general) isn't addressed by then, and I have to install Windows 10 fresh, I seriously hope there is going to be a reasonable solution.
    I would probably end up switching back to a Linux OS (probably Ubuntu) if I would have to pay to fix my Windows 10. At the exponentially fast rate it is gaining both Ability and Support, it would probably have what I would desire by the 2017 releases.
    I am not advertising Linux; I am simply saying that you (Microsoft) will end up losing customers if this happens (plural, because I am sure I wouldn't be the only one).
    05-16-2015 06:21 PM
    ...Would I simply have to create a boot-drive of Windows 10 and use my old Windows 7 Key?...
    Yes.

Simply make your normal Restore Disk after Install... It will base on your Win 7 key.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-16-2015 07:38 PM
    Yes.

Simply make your normal Restore Disk after Install... It will base on your Win 7 key.
    And then copy the restore disk contents to the cloud, less it ends up in a different drawer than where you dump "everything" so when you need it you can't find it :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-17-2015 10:57 AM
    I have a dedicated bin... I still have Windows 95, Windows NT and Office 98 in there.
    05-17-2015 02:34 PM