A question about Windows 10 ISO

igorhk

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am running Windows 10 for few months. It has its ups and downs but generally speaking I much prefer it to windows 8. I have installed it on a Dell laptop but my C drive is a major mess now since I upgraded from Win 8 with all the bloatwares from Dell included and the old windows 8 install.

Now I am thinking to make a clean install from the Windows 10 ISO but I have few questions:

- Will I be able to reinstall the drivers? They are made for Windows 8 so not sure if 10 would work. I noticed for example that Dell Quickset does not work anymore (My Dell is a Yoga like laptop, quickset basically turns the trackpad off when the screen is flipped).
- Windows 10 ISO has a generic key for now so when I make the update to the final version I assume I will have to use a genuine windows key. I wonder if I will be able to use the one that came with my laptop since it is a windows 8 key.
- Also when upgrading to the final version of W10 will I need to reinstall W8 first (since it was pre-installed with W8) before upgrading to W10?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Igor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon