Start Menu Column Width

zikifer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I have Window 10 Preview installed on two PCs, my SP3 and my desktop box (an Alienware system). I have two Microsoft accounts (home and work), and both accounts have logins on both PCs. With one login, my work account on my desktop PC, the start menu column width is 6, meaning I can have 6 small icons per row (or 3 medium icons, or 1 medium and 1 wide). The other three logins all have a start menu column width of 8 (or 4 medium icons, or 2 wide). I greatly prefer the 8. Has anyone been able to find a configuration setting for this? I find it extra odd that if I log in to my SP3 with my work account I have a start menu with a width of 8 but if I log on to my desktop with that same account I have a width of 6. This is even with all of the sync settings turned on (doesn't seem like they are syncing all the much stuff yet). Anyway, does anyone know how this is set? Maybe there's a registry setting for it somewhere, and the desktop account was created after the point when the default changed from 8 to 6. Microsoft, if you are reading, I would love a configuration option for this - I'd expect to find it under Settings -> Personalization -> Start. Thanks.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on build 10122. It and 10074 have the 6 small/3 medium column width. It kind of bothers me cause I'd actually prefer to have it just two wide. It'd be much nicer if they allowed for flexible columns IMO.

JustinBT

May 13, 2016
Visit site
In settings:
Go to personalization->start->Turn on Show more tiles.

This will increase the column size to allow for 2 wide tiles per column.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel