Cortana Coming to iOS and Android

billhatter

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has announced that Cortana will be coming to iOS and Android starting this summer.

Apparently, the only feature it won't really have is "Hey Cortana".

This, sadly, is a complete turn around to what they said last year when it was first rumored.

I don't know if there's any real reason to wait for a flagship Windows Phone any more. I've lived without "Hey Cortana" up until now, so there isn't much reason for me to live without a quality flagship phone any more.

What are your thoughts?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts? Windows Central already has an article on this and plenty of things are flying in the comments and whatnot.

My concern is that it wont be able to really do as many system things as it does on WP.

Honestly, I'm on Windows Phone for Windows Phone.

billhatter

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read the article yet, nor seen the comments.

Reading Non-WC articles about it indicates that it'll still be able to do everything but integrate with third party apps, as well as the "Hey Cortana" functionality, which I've never gotten working on my Windows 10 dev phone anyway.

I am on Windows Phone because I'm a .NET Developer, and I've done some Windows Phone apps and I love the platform. I also love the Live Tile system that you get, and there were some nice features, such as Office and Cortana that were WP exclusives.

Without that exclusivity however, I'm finding it hard not to jump to better hardware. Microsoft not giving us a flagship for 2 years, but pumping out "budget phones" every other month makes it hard to keep waiting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon