At this year's /BUILD , Microsoft showed Continuum feature for windows 10 that will allow Windows 10 phones to be used as though it was a Desktop computer .

While this is a very nifty feature, even this most avid of Microsoft fans will agree that it's a niche feature with very limited "user case " . It's one of those bragging features you show off to your friends , but wouldn't actually use it daily .

Just as I thought of continuum for phones , I thought , what if TV is added to "continuum" ?

This is how I envision it could work:

1. You connect your phone ( or even your desktop computer / windows tablet ) to a TV through mini-HDMI or through a dongle like Chromecast and the interface on your TV transforms into an interface like that of an Xbox .

2. All the apps ( at least the supported ones ) will transform into an interface similar to how the app will appear on an XBox .

Eg . You launch the Netflix / Xbox music apps on your phone whiles in Continuum mode for TV and and it shows up like the Netflix app on the Xbox .

I think this tides in rather nicely with windows 10 philosophy of Universal apps as well as XBox .
    05-26-2015 01:16 PM
    A decent thought, but Microsoft wants the XBOX to serve content to your TV, nothing else.
    05-26-2015 11:15 PM