The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-04-2015 12:33 PM
34 12
tools
    Here we go again!! Lol
    hiya15 likes this.
    06-02-2015 11:41 AM
    are you having some issues or something? is there any word on how wp is the best in my comment? i dont thinks so. and by the way, if you were thinking a little more, you'll understand that a high number of users doesnt mean a PERFECT platform, AND that there are numerous factors that can drive a high number of users, not only the higher quality (which usually is more expensive too and also quality is not a good word to use in the same sentece with android).

in the end, im not a hater. actually unlike most of the guys here, i still use google services, for example. im just tired to see people posting/talking/etc and only thinking AFTER.

about "trash". trash was used for things like milions of trash fart apps which google still use to brag about their store. is it google play better than wp store, yes. is it a good store? given that is full of crappy apps, malwares and uncertified apps, nope, is NOT a good store.
    i never said that trash was used for android users. read again my comment maybe..
    We are just talking about the games here. GAMES
    06-02-2015 03:08 PM
    Well, windows central are getting more extremist and OSist....
    I only use wp but notice some apps in androids(my friends phone) is better than in wp (I guess because the code is written for iOS and Android at the first place)

Well, buddy..i got no hate to android but no love to them (other than Android manufacturers offer high spec yet low cost device)
    People using iOS/android probably would say the same thing to you, windows phone users are trash...

So,chill down bro...the world can live with multiple OS
    Sadly, the world can live with multiple OS, but the market itself cannot..... if W10 does not bring in more games / apps from iOS or Android, that's it. The end of windows phone. Not trolling, but is the hard cold fact.
    06-03-2015 12:01 AM
    Sadly, the world can live with multiple OS, but the market itself cannot..... if W10 does not bring in more games / apps from iOS or Android, that's it. The end of windows phone. Not trolling, but is the hard cold fact.
    Don't worry, it will, especially with project Astoria and islandwood. For games they are awesome, for apps, that's when there are problems with porting.
    06-03-2015 11:05 AM
    OK, why would you want to play a casual game that's made for mobile on your TV screen?

What you're saying would only really apply if you could run Halo: MCC on your phone, however that's never going to happen!!!!
    First of all why is your opinion the end all opinion? There are people who want to do it. Families may want to engage in a game on the tv while using phones as controllers. There's many applications so don't be one of those people who believes their own opinion is the only correct opinion. Everyone is unique and has their own individual needs.
    colinkiama likes this.
    06-03-2015 12:49 PM
    So if high scores and achievement points are the criteria to discuss whether A/G is better or X, IMO someone said it in summary - Android is trash in that sense. Not a good certification process and hence there are n number of search results if you Bing to get any hack for a game on A/G platform.
    06-03-2015 03:04 PM
    Android has zero of the gaming chops Xbox has.

Google Play is great and all, and I love how smooth it looks, but the fact is that the service caters VERY strongly to mobile game types and even stronger to F2P. It's a service that really serves no purpose as all it really tracks are achievements on toss away games (for the most part). It's made more useless by the fact that a cellphone/tablet already handles messaging and the great majority of games need touch controls, not controllers to play.

Xbox Live is far more versatile. It covers cellphone experiences (amazingly playable on both a PC and phone), it has a unified messaging system, a unified streaming service, a unified friend system, full console games, and it can stream Xbox One games to other Windows 10 devices. It also ties achievements together from every device and type of game you can think of, and there's a single game controller to rule them all instead of multiple brands using bluetooth or whatever the heck they want.

Ultimately Google Play is the same aimless, meandering service Game Center is. It WANTS to be a PSN/Xbox Live but as of yet there's nothing to really justify its existence. Having achievements does not make you a unified game service... You need more.
    06-03-2015 10:15 PM
    Android has zero of the gaming chops Xbox has.

Google Play is great and all, and I love how smooth it looks, but the fact is that the service caters VERY strongly to mobile game types and even stronger to F2P. It's a service that really serves no purpose as all it really tracks are achievements on toss away games (for the most part). It's made more useless by the fact that a cellphone/tablet already handles messaging and the great majority of games need touch controls, not controllers to play.

Xbox Live is far more versatile. It covers cellphone experiences (amazingly playable on both a PC and phone), it has a unified messaging system, a unified streaming service, a unified friend system, full console games, and it can stream Xbox One games to other Windows 10 devices. It also ties achievements together from every device and type of game you can think of, and there's a single game controller to rule them all instead of multiple brands using bluetooth or whatever the heck they want.

Ultimately Google Play is the same aimless, meandering service Game Center is. It WANTS to be a PSN/Xbox Live but as of yet there's nothing to really justify its existence. Having achievements does not make you a unified game service... You need more.
    I am talking mostly about mobile and windows store was you can see from the title. Obviously it won't be close to PSN or XBOX LIVE but Google Play games is pretty darn good at being a 'mobile game service'
    06-04-2015 11:20 AM
    I am talking mostly about mobile and windows store was you can see from the title. Obviously it won't be close to PSN or XBOX LIVE but Google Play games is pretty darn good at being a 'mobile game service'
    If that's all that's being considered then sure, I completely agree... It's definitely better than Game Center.

I still prefer how Windows Phone ties games into Xbox Live and bundles all the Live features and unification together. The real downside with Live, though, is the downside to WP as a whole... Not many mobile games are actually tied to the service and there aren't many good mobile games on the MS Store period.

EDIT: To be clear here, I believe XBL is the better service by miles. But no, it does not realistically compete when we talk about the mobile gaming market standing by itself. My hope is that MS somehow gets there in the future. The only way to accomplish that is actually selling some damn Windows Phones, though.
    Last edited by Luuthian; 06-05-2015 at 03:47 AM.
    06-04-2015 12:33 PM
34 12