What works on w10

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I would like to try out w10 on my laptop,but would just like to know,what apps work on the os ? I know universal apps are coming,but can I still run office 365, and other apps on it ?

Cant find any info on this, can you still install 32/64 bit applications ?

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I would like to try out w10 on my laptop,but would just like to know,what apps work on the os ? I know universal apps are coming,but can I still run office 365, and other apps on it ?

Cant find any info on this, can you still install 32/64 bit applications ?

Yeah you can without any issue :)

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
My personal opinion: the fact that you're asking a question like this is a damn sure sign that you should not be running Windows 10 Technical Preview at all. Especially not as your main (or only) operating system on your main computer. This is a technical preview for IT experts, not a stable ready-to-market finalized version for the general public.

But that's just my opinion. If you do decide to run the preview you should consider a virtual machine. Either way, have fun and good luck.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
My personal opinion: the fact that you're asking a question like this is a damn sure sign that you should not be running Windows 10 Technical Preview at all. Especially not as your main (or only) operating system on your main computer. This is a technical preview for IT experts, not a stable ready-to-market finalized version for the general public.

But that's just my opinion. If you do decide to run the preview you should consider a virtual machine. Either way, have fun and good luck.

Okay,fair enough,may seem like a dumb question,looking back now, I've only been reading about w10. Universal apps are where ms are heading.To me it was not completely outside the realms of possibility that other apps wouldn't work.And you,what's makes you an IT expert ? Just because a ask a question on a topic Im not familiar with ,doesn't mean Im not capable of using e10 at all.In fact I have 2 degrees in IT and many years in college that suggest otherwise

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay,fair enough,may seem like a dumb question,looking back now, I've only been reading about w10. Universal apps are where ms are heading.To me it was not completely outside the realms of possibility that other apps wouldn't work.And you,what's makes you an IT expert ? Just because a ask a question on a topic Im not familiar with ,doesn't mean Im not capable of using e10 at all.In fact I have 2 degrees in IT and many years in college that suggest otherwise

One of the cornerstones of Windows is backwards compatibility. 10 can't just throw it out.
If you're worried about things not working, don't use it.

They said its FOR IT experts to test. Sure you're capable of using it as most other people are, but you're signing up for additional risk. They might not be an IT expert, but if they know what they're doing and are OK with the greater-than-normal risk of things going wrong. (and planned for it) why not?

Do not do it on mission critical hardware, regardless of IT knowledge. Picking up the pieces of a destroyed Windows install isn't really pleasant for most people anyway.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Just because a ask a question on a topic Im not familiar with ,doesn't mean Im not capable of using e10 at all

Using an operating system and running a technical preview of an operating system are two completely different things. Of course you'll be able to use Windows 10 Technical Preview on your laptop, no doubt. The question is will you be able to deal with Windows 10 Technical Preview on your laptop? I'm talking operating system crashes, plenty of minor annoyances such as taskbar buttons disappearing, start menu or action center not opening, applications crashing randomly, the very real possiblity of data loss, etc.

If you're willing to risk it go nuts, nobody will stop you. However, you need to accept that this is a technical preview for IT experts to familiarize themselves with what is going to be the next Microsoft operating system and not a trial version of a ready-to-market operating system for everybody and their best friends to see whether or not they like Windows 10. If you're looking for the latter I highly suggest you sit back and wait for July 29 because I can guarantee you that the preview will cause (major) headaches :wink:

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Latest build on fast ring is actually pretty stable.Im happy I waited till now,can only get better also with Microsoft concentrating on performance and bug fixes.Thank you for your concern,but I have backup In place in case it all goes wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs