How to install a recovery Windows 8/10 with Bitlocker activated

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi there guys,

I don't know if this is the right section to ask this, but still... Move it if necessary.

I have a quite big problem: I need to reinstall Windows 8 from scratch (or Windows 10), but I think that Bitlocker is messing with my system.

That was to sum it up. Now, the long version: I have an Acer W3-810 which is a cheap yet nice device, and I use it to test the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Somehow, it stopped updating to new preview, so I decided to install it from scratch.

Something went wrong, and now the device is on a booting loop ("There was a prblem - Restart your PC to try again" - Error Code 8007139f). I tried to reinstall Windows 8 from the Recovery DVDs, but it keeps on saying that I have to deactivate BitLocker. But it seems there's no way to boot into the system and deactivate Bitlocker.

Any idea how to solve the empasse? I'm a bit sad now :)

Last edited:

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: How ti install a recovery Windows 8/10 with Bitlocker activated

I think the only way would be to reformat the partition that has your OS on it.

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

I don't have it. I have a DVD recovery disc which is able to boot, to start and to show me the dialog windows, but when I choose the option to wipe the disk and reinstall Windows, it says that I have to deactivate Bitlocker first.

But I have no way to deactivate it.

I'm not even able to run an ubuntu USB key to "wipe clean" the disk. Somehow, it just doesn't start.

​I'm stuck, it's frustrating.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site

I don't have it. I have a DVD recovery disc which is able to boot, to start and to show me the dialog windows, but when I choose the option to wipe the disk and reinstall Windows, it says that I have to deactivate Bitlocker first.

But I have no way to deactivate it.

I'm not even able to run an ubuntu USB key to "wipe clean" the disk. Somehow, it just doesn't start.

​I'm stuck, it's frustrating.

You need to turn the legacy mode ON and disable fast boot , then it will read Ubuntu from USB stick, I had the same problem, not exactly though, i fixed it using Fedora.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb