Anybody got this message? (Windows 10 Upgrade)

Bussola

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Yep the notifications for upgrading should be more intuitive...
But let just see how will goes with this one on 29th July...
Let just hope servers won't crash...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Basically this method will help in preventing issues such as server crash . :)

From the description it sounds like the update will be downloaded ahead of time, and then at the time of installation it will complete the download with a delta update. This indeed should help with download performance!

Server/bandwidth performance is one downside to simultaneous updates. I know that when Apple releases an iOS update it can take hours to download if you try to run it immediately (if you're lucky; sometimes it totally crashes). I guess that's one thing we can hand to Google; they don't suffer from that problem! :angel:

WP has a small enough user base that an update can go off without a hitch, but this update is the desktop, which is much bigger.

drddas58

May 29, 2013
Visit site
More difficult scenario is awaiting. I had a licensed copy of Win 8, upgraded to win8.1. Whenever I needed to reset my windows I had to start from Win8 . Upgraded Win 8.1 didn't have a key. It seems to me upgraded win 10 is also coming without any license key so in future any problem with windows10 that needs a reset you have to start from win8 I guess.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
More difficult scenario is awaiting. I had a licensed copy of Win 8, upgraded to win8.1. Whenever I needed to reset my windows I had to start from Win8 . Upgraded Win 8.1 didn't have a key. It seems to me upgraded win 10 is also coming without any license key so in future any problem with windows10 that needs a reset you have to start from win8 I guess.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-can-be-clean-installed-during-and-after-free-upgrade
Windows Central is not covering this smh

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to get the notification on my SP3 running build #10074. I cannot install one English Personalization Dictionary update, and I'm assuming that's why? I've been trying to install it for months now, and I really wanna reserve my copy of Windows 10.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 PC's running 8.1 and not one of them has received the upgrade notification as of yet. Odd.

Edit: ah, looks like this comes from a Recommended update, which I almost never do. ;)

Last edited:

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I am using the technical preview but I have not got the icon yet. I was on windows 7 before I started the preview. Anyone have any clue if I will get the option to upgrade when it launches?

IMO if you are already on the preview you will not get the notification, You will directly be upgraded to win 10 as a final update which will get your laptop/pc/desktop from preview version to full final version

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte