Windows 10 reservation update (kb3035583) not found

Nathan Wang

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
How to remove (or acquire) the Windows 10 free copy icon | InfoWorld

So The instructions are simple. Run the cmd windows batch file as administrator. Then there is a disclaimer and if you wish to continue press enter. Then I pressed enter and then enter again. Then I pressed 1 to check, and then I press 2 to use "quick method #1". For me it worked after that. it put the app on the bottom right next to my network icon. after that i reserved windows 10.
Again IT worked for me although I'm not so sure if it will work for you guys. The only required update for windows 10 I have is kb3035583.
Thanks for your help guys.

Fungai V Tsangu

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
here is the trick on Windows 8.1 Pro|Dell Latitude E7240|4GB|128GBSSD
Install Updates
KB3035583
KB2976978
Run the following script:
=============================================================================================
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx
if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
:CompatCheckRunning
schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready
if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning
:RunGWX
schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"
===========================================================================================================
:wink:

Allison Canters

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
hey, I followed all the steps but every time I use the command it just come up with an error: 0x800f081e the specified package is not applicable to this image

can you please help me out :unhappy:

Michelle Johnson6

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My issue is somewhat different. I tried the Windows 10 download and the had the same problem. I went to Windows Updates to download KB3035583 and it says it's already installed. But I don't see it on the update list. I also have Windows 7 HomePremium SPk 1. Help.

u

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
How to remove (or acquire) the Windows 10 free copy icon | InfoWorld

So The instructions are simple. Run the cmd windows batch file as administrator. Then there is a disclaimer and if you wish to continue press enter. Then I pressed enter and then enter again. Then I pressed 1 to check, and then I press 2 to use "quick method #1". For me it worked after that. it put the app on the bottom right next to my network icon. after that i reserved windows 10.
Again IT worked for me although I'm not so sure if it will work for you guys. The only required update for windows 10 I have is kb3035583.
Thanks for your help guys.

Thanks man, after hunting the whole internet and trying several methods, this batch file did it! I can finally see the notification icon on the tray :cool:

I would recommend anyone who has KB3035583 installed to use this method (if not, follow below).
Although there were some other problems that I first needed to fix. If anyone runs into the same problem can try this:

1. To know whether you have KB3035583 update installed or not, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed updates > Click "Name" to sort by name > Look for "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)"

2. If you don't have the update there, try searching for on Windows Update. If it fails to install every time you try (as it did in mine), do this:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Right click "Windows Update" and click "Stop"

3. Now, delete everything inside these folders:

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

If you don't have Windows installed inside C:\ ,replace it with wherever it is.

4. Now turn on Windows Update service again by going to:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Right click "Windows Update" and click "Start"

5. Try searching for updates in Windows Update and you should be able to download KB3035583 and other recommended files.

6. Once done, download this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u0au9xgy6ss18p/win10fix_full.zip?dl=0

7. Extract the file to desktop, and run it as administrator by right-clicking on it.

8. You'll be offered with four options, try each of them sequentially until you get the Windows 10 mini icon on your system tray.

Last edited:

riggy69

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 reservation

Having tried in vain with every solution I could find about the Windows 10 reservation app not showing, I have now discovered that if you have your taskbar locked it will not show until you unlock it. So try try right-clicking over the taskbar and if "Lock the Taskbar" is ticked, imply un-tick it and the app may well then show up for you.

Manni X

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I already had the required updates for some time (KB3035583 & KB2976978) but I hadn't been able to get the Win10 App despite trying all the methods I could find online, until finally I found yours and decided to give it a try. This is what I did in case someone else want to try it:
1. Uninstalled both updates and rebooted.
2. Ran Windows Update and downloaded and installed KB2976978. WU didn't offer KB3035583.
3. I followed your instructions to install KB3035583.
4. Rebooted and the Win10 App finally showed up on the taskbar.
Thank you again & regards.

yichau

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've deleted the KB3035583 but when I restarted I found that it's upgradable in Windows Update. And I tried to copy the cab file and used cmd to do so, yet it was failed. Can u please tell me what should I do? Thanks.

yichau

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I've deleted the KB3035583 but it is still upgradable in Windows Update. And I've done all the steps but when I typed the cmd and it was not successful and said that there is a file found in other place. Can u please guide me? Thanks :)

srik kanth

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Try this method. It is so simplified that you can upgrade to the latest version Windows 10 in less than an hour. Just download the ISO from official microsoft website > copy content in ISO to externall flash drive minimum 4gb and install it by double clicking the setup.exe Rest the setup will guide you how to. Here is a complete guide on "How to upgrade to Windows 10 right away without waiting...." at nexusandme.com Cheers :)

Polarizeme

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm one of those "crying" about it.
We are on a domain. This update went from "Recommended" to "Important". The update installed with 3GB of "preinstallation" crap per machine on half of my systems. The drain on the resources was ridiculous and went on for 2 days before I finally figured out what the network slowness problem was. We have no intention of updating to Win 10 anytime soon, and certainly don't appreciate having this jammed down our throats and network.
Yes, I know there is a GP object that can be set to stop the install, but we are on Server 8 R2 and have to go through channels to have our servers patched. Far too late to do anything about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett