Why does the power for my laptop say branch? mais pas en charge?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why does the power for my laptop say "branch? mais pas en charge"

I use the french version, this message on my power says that the laptop is plugged in but not charging. I have just this instant installed Windows 10 Insider build 10074. Please help thank you

scoobsy

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does the power for my laptop say "branch? mais pas en charge"

Please help, the battery life of this laptop is going down and I don't know how to get it sorted.

i didnt have that problem before updating to windows 10. W8.1 worked fine on this matter.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does the power for my laptop say "branch? mais pas en charge"

Your PC has stopped recognizing your battery when you upgraded. There is one trick you can do. First you have to unplug your laptop charger take out your battery. Start pc without battery. Once booted:

1. Go to device manager

2. Go to Battery and right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery.. Uninstall

3. Restart the pc (without battery)

4. Log in boot up and shut down pc.

5. Reinsert battery, followed by power cable, boot up, and the battery driver should auto install.

Worse case scenario is your battery could be gone and needs to be replaced with a new one.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply djeire84.

The battery is good. I've reverted back to 8.1. So do I perform your fix before installing W10 or after?

Ok now you have reverted back upgrade as normal and see does the issue present itself and if it does apply my fix to it while its W10.
Does the battery charge when you have downgraded back? If your at 8.1 and its still not charging apply my fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss