Cortana vs g00gle now ?

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Before buying my Lumia 730 I thought Cortana is great and works great, but after I bought WP and tried to use in daily life strictly saying.. it suuucks !! (I use it in India, Cortana Alpha, beta not available but don't know why after so much time)

One of my friend got a really low priced Android phone Sparkle V, but it has latest Android 5.1 (Android One Device).
When I used g00gle now in it I was amazed ... it recognizes every single sentence you say .. in Hindi and In English both, and writes it back within 2 seconds. I even tried it in a relatively very old phone, having android 2.3.6 (but works only in g00gle search app)... anything you say ...even ..gadhe ki aulad... bhad me ja ...even longer sentences all are just fine.

But here comes P00r Cortana even when I say "show me weather" it starts searching something in mail or just say "Sorry.. I didn't get that"
Sometimes I feel weird and try not to show off in front of my friends because who knows when It says "Sorry.. I didn't get that" or just search mail :/
And when cortana will port to android believe me nobody is going to use it.
For me G00gle Now is like a 12 year old boy who understands almost anything and Cortana is like 3 year old baby :/

How is your experience with cortana Indian users ? and others aswell.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Here a tip to improve Cortana quality
Change phone region and language to US English.
It will get better.
You'll be amaze to see difference in US Cortana and other countries Cortana.

Cortana is designed for US and US only.
That is why other countries Cortana su*ks.
If you want to use Cortana then only American version worth noting it others are just like 3rd class boring st*pid jokes version of Cortana which aren't even worth checking it

Last edited:

Black icon

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Am also using the Alpha version of Cortana, France region and French language. And I don't find it so bad, still room for improvements tho

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks I'll try changing region... But I thought using correct region setting must have some benefits over using it by another region's setting.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Using the Beta helps it improve for your region... Remember, G-Now has had years and millions (?billions?) of inputs to learn from for your region and Cortana is starting fresh. The more who use Cortana daily, the better she learns and the faster she improves.

In the US we threw in support for the Beta + other users around the world getting in via settings and that's how it got so good. Constant input.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Cortana doesn't support two language recognition at the same time, I guess MSFT doesn't realize that most of us non native English speaker are at least bilingual, let alone considering about our accent. And Cortana will always "fresh" (lacks of data) if they don't expand it through the globe. The problem lies on how Microsoft does their things, and will never get solved if they don't change it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was only speaking of virtual assistants. However, Google and Android have been featuring voice recognition, voice command and voice search since inception...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was only speaking of virtual assistants. However, Google and Android have been featuring voice recognition, voice command and voice search since inception...
The OP was talking about voice recognition. Microsoft has as much experience as anybody with that.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
If microsoft solely depend upon Cortana Alpha inputs in my region then it will always be behind any other Voice assistant ... There are very few users using Cortana with right region setting (Cortana India, Alpha) .. may be some few tens thousands users only and its not obvious that they use it daily ... so there is not enough data to collect , there has to be a different way.

Why don't MS just roll out Cortana in all countries as it works in US... then there will be enough people using it and this way they can collect more data for different countries separately. This should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720