Windows 10 reservation, how can I tell if my reservation is valid?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 reservation

I reserved successfully my Windows 10 upgrade on my laptop. Subsequently I had to rebuild the laptop from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1. I then tried to redo my reservation to Windows 10. It indicated that I was successful but the Window logo does not appear anymore on the right side of the task bar. How can I verify if my reservation is still valid? Why did the logo disappear?

luniboy26

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 reservation

I don't think you necessarily need the icon there for your registration to be validated as all you did was enter your email account when registering so maybe it's tied to your email and when you claimed the update it maybe sent some backend info, but I'm just assuming that's the case.

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 reservation

My Windows 8.1 PC asked for my email but not on my Windows 7 SP1 laptop when I had the Get Windows 10 app icon on the taskbar. I have similar issue. The app disappeared after Windows installed some updates on Sunday. I'm not sure if this would invalidate my Windows 10 upgrade. :-(

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Go to Windows Update on Control Panel, if it says "Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved" then it's all set. My GWX icon disappeared as well, some update removed it last night, probably MS decided that you can no longer change your mind whether to reserve or not. Reservation is tied to your Windows installation on that machine, so as long as you don't reinstall Windows on your computer it should be there. Email address is only used to notify you, so even if you're logged in on multiple computers, you still have to reserve for each computer.

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Go to Windows Update on Control Panel, if it says "Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved" then it's all set. My GWX icon disappeared as well, some update removed it last night, probably MS decided that you can no longer change your mind whether to reserve or not. Reservation is tied to your Windows installation on that machine, so as long as you don't reinstall Windows on your computer it should be there. Email address is only used to notify you, so even if you're logged in on multiple computers, you still have to reserve for each computer.

My Win 7 laptop did not ask for my email for reservation. It automatically indicated reserved when I clicked on the Get Windows 10 app but my Win 8.1 PC did. My Win 7 PC has the Win 10 Upgrade Reserved when you go to Windows Update but my Win 8.1 PC does not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium